Chapter 12

The door slowly opens as that arrogant bitch stands there his palm lightly pressed on door as he leans his head to the side. "We need to talk" he says and walks in while closing the door behind him and taking a seat in the chair. "Lovely to see you giving me a choice" I mutter and sit on my bed without the energy to kick him out. "What do you think of the system the beach has" he says leaning back with his hands in his pockets as he stares me down. "Nice beds they've got here I can only imagine how it would feel to sleep in one" I say back and move under the cover as I let myself sink back and rest on the pillow.

"Just answer the question" he says probably also tired from the night of games. "And what exactly are you going to do if I just ignore you" I say and shuffle around to find a comfortable position. "I'll wait under I get an answer, I'm very patient after all" he says as I glance over and see him sitting there still staring. "Your nose looks rather punchable don't you agree" I say in a nice tone as I see a plaster covering what I assume is a cut.

"I'm sure you can knock me out if you really wanted to but do you really think that'll solve anything" he says and tilts his head a little. I weigh my options as I look around the room for anything I could hit him with. "You're lucky I'm too tired to fight you right now" I say and turn so I could face him while lying down. "So you'll leave once I answer some questions" I ask as he nods and I raise my hand from under the cover and wave for him to continue. "The beach system" he says as I let out a sigh and think about it a little.

"It's not going to work later" I say as his brow raises a little. "Care to elaborate" he asks as I narrow my eyes at him. "I really hope you keep the rest of your inquires short I want to sleep" I say as he gives a little nod. "It'll work for the time being since there's still a few cards to collect so no one will step out of line. This is the easiest way to collect all the cards in one space since it's impossible to do on your own" I say as I point to the water bottles on the desk. "I'm not your servant" he says as I start to roll over in bed.

"Fine goodnight then" I say as I hear him shift in his seat as I grin and turn back to him. "The militants and idealists will stay disconnected and eventually the militants will break away from the rules and create chaos" I say as Chishiya seems to already know this. "The beach is a pointless idea and it'll never work because the militants will never conform to the rules" I say and push myself up so I could drink some water.

"Right you see it as well, what's your plan then" he asks as I feel a little confused. "I hate to break it to you smarty pants but I'm still getting my bearing around here. Haven't exactly had time for scheming" I say as he doesn't seem too pleased with my answer. The more I talked with him the more I could understand him. Everyone shows emotions even if it is through a tiny window.

His lips curl up ever so slightly when he finds something amusing and his eyes narrow in an almost unnoticeable manner as he gets agitated or curious. There's other factors that then narrow down what's going on in that puzzle piece of a mind that I'm still in the midst of unscrambling but slowly it's clicking into place. "From what I've gathered so far you seem to be able to make plans in a fraction of a second so why lie now it's not as if you'll get a lie past me anyway. I can read you like an open book" he says obviously thinking highly of himself as I shrug a little.

"You must be blind then since I'm not lying and that ego of yours, I'd get it checked it's lethal if let to fester" I say as he stays leaning back as I continue to gather information about him. Something has shifted again within him. Now to place what it is. Confident? Not exactly, his head is still level and his hood is in the same place so definitely not confident. Smugness? Definitely closer but also not quite. Could it be uncertainty that he's trying to mask? Damn he really is hard to read sometimes.

Then it clicks as I stop examining him in such small detail. Everything starts falling back into place. A small curl on his lips and his eyes narrowed just slightly but enough for me to notice a glimpse of sparkle in his eyes. It passes as quickly as it appears as he turns back to the unbothered guy looking for information. That sparkle that he can't control told me everything I needed to know though. "Well I'm glad one of us is entertained" I say before he gets a chance to answer my previous comment.