Chapter 26

Kuina continues rambling on as I sit silently sipping on my coffee until a small knock is heard on the door. Kuina keeps talking completely unbothered by the sound as I sigh and place my mug down before reaching over to pull the door open. "Good afternoon blond bitch" I say as I'm greeted by the obviously unimpressed hooded figure. "Gone back to that nickname, how lovely" he says in a monotone voice as he walks into my room while I just send an exaggerated smile his direction.

I move back to my original spot and pick my drink again to finish the drips that are sitting at the bottom on the mug. "Also it's still morning for your information" he says as I point to the still open door. "Don't be a know it all Chishiya it's no fun" Kuina comments quickly after Chishiya finished speaking. "I was taught to correct the stupid" he says as I act offended while I see Kuina bite back a laugh at the boys sass. I would argue a case against his comment but as he's currently shutting the door if I taunt him in any way he might find a way to hit me with said door.

"Right let's get to the point, why have you both come to ruin my peace" I ask as I pull my blanket over my legs to get relatively comfy. "Planning obviously" Chishiya says while taking a seat on the chair next to the desk. "Scheming but carry on" I interrupt as he sends me yet another unimpressed look. "The stack of cards are piling up and we need to be able to take them when the time comes" Kuina explains in a serious manner which shuts me up instantly.

"We do have a slight problem though" Kuina says as I raise a brow at her comment. I didn't even think these two could run into issues. "We still have no idea where Hatter is hiding the cards" Kuina says as I sigh. "I'd argue that's more than a slight problem" I say I can see Kuina sort of agreeing. "Got any more coffee" I ask as I eye up Kuina's mug that she hasn't touched for a while now. "We aren't here for a tea party, this is serious and we need a solution" Chishiya says with large emphasis on the word need.

"Well for your information I don't see that as a problem at all" I say and grin while Kuina passes over the half drunk coffee. He shows no change in atmosphere as I look over his feature to try and read him. Wow he's actually being dead serious. "If you don't care then why bother to let us talk about the plan in the first place" he says as I catch a hint of actual annoyance in his voice. "I can see why you might have an issue coming up with a solution but luckily for me I know exactly how to fix this slight hiccup" I say as Kuina throws her hands up glad to have a solution already.

"Luckily for us I've recently been offered a change of position at the beach which may be beneficial to us" I say as Chishiya still seems annoyed about not knowing the plan. "Just leave it to me and I'll get it sorted" I say and sip out of the new cup. "Is that all the worries out the way because I'm shattered and would really like to get some rest" I say as Chishiya seems hesitant to be left in the dark but doesn't argue for once. Kuina looks back and forth before nodding and smiling.

"I'm glad you're on board with us" Kuina says cheerfully before getting up and heading towards the door. "Let's go for now and let y/n rest up then" Kuina says while swinging open the door and waiting for Chishiya to follow. "How's the leg" he asks as Kuina raises a brow not understanding why he was asking. "It's fine but I do believe that rest is the greatest medicine right" I say as he lets out a sigh but leaves it. "We're trusting you to not mess this up" he says before leaving the room as he earns a slap from Kuina for the heartless comment.

I find myself smiling at their small interactions as my heart almost melts for the friendship between the two. I want to get them out safely. No, I will get them out safely. Kuina needs a chance to find her happiness out there in reality. I've found after all the time I've spent with the girl that she's always so bubbly and bright yet a small part of her is gloomy. No matter how much I do that small part is always present like a past guilt clinging onto her. Some form of regret. She deserves to go and choose her future.