Chapter 21

I had been a week since my last game of life or death and now I'm just getting bored. Everyday is the same day in and day out now and I need some variety because this isn't living anymore it's just surviving. I roll out of bed and start pulling on the cargo trousers, a bikini top and the same white shirt tied up and out the way. I leave my room and look around while stretching out my arms and wishing I could do some kind of exercise. I miss doing stuff. Literally anything will do.

I walk through the corridors and look around for something to do so I head up to the roof to do some people watching. Once on top of the beach I look around and see that familiar figure looking down over the beach quietly. "You must have better things to do" I say and walk over while leaning on the railing as the blonde stays facing the beach but does glance over for a moment. "I always have better things to do" he says as I let out a scoff at his reply. "For example" I ask and let out a small yawn after since I hadn't quite woken up properly yet.

"My own personal business" he says as anonymous as ever. "Alright then and how does your own personal business work" I ask still trying desperately for a little bit of entertainment. "In a way you wouldn't understand" he says as I let out a groan at how annoying he can be sometimes. I just want a little entertainment as I search the crowd for literally anyone else I knew. Niragi, Kuina, Shiro, Mei, Momoka fuck it I'll even take spooky executive lady at this point. "And why wouldn't I understand" he says as I give up my search not managing to see anyone I actually knew.

"Because you don't know me so you wouldn't understand what I'm searching for" he says while I lean on my hand that's balancing on the railing and look at the blonde. "Alright edge lord calm down I'm pretty sure you're not a game protagonist on a magical quest for equality and love" I say as I see a small smile on his face and possibly an attempt to hold back a laugh. "If we're being realistic though I probably know more than you think" I say as I see a brow raise in question.

"Alright for starters Shuntaro Chishiya, better known as blonde bitch, you're quite content in this Tokyo because you obviously lacked power in your real life so you find comfort in the mystery surrounding your character" I start as he takes his eyes off the crowd and looks over now listening intently. "Secondly in your previous life you were a doctor though I can't quite pin point what kind but definitely not someone with great power so possibly a consultant or even just a student" I say as he seems completely focused now.

"Family wise, if it's not too deep for you, I get the impression there wasn't great family dynamics" I say as he looks about the same but there's definitely a slight tense in his muscles that show I'm right. "And from what I gather by the people you class as people of mutual interest, also know as friends, you're more comfortable around female figures than males so I can deduct that it's a worse relationship with the father" I say and unload all the things I've gathered over the last week on people watching. It's like a TV series at this point. Very exciting.

"Moving onto your skills there's three main ones that stand out which are observation, calculation both the emotional and mental kind and lastly reading people which all gets put together to make a rather exceptional diamond and hearts player" I say and let out a breath. "Would you like me to continue" I ask as he looks back down at the beach as his face gets covered by his hood. He's no fun. "I can see you have a similar mindset then" he says when I'm about to give up and leave. "You haven't told anyone your full name so it's just y/n for now" he starts saying as I feels a smirk growing as I feel entertained.

"L/n" I cut in as he waits a moment before nodding. "Alright y/n l/n" he says and looks over after emphasising my surname. "Continue" I say and wave a hand slightly as I notice the smug look on his face. He's entertained by this as well. "You enjoy being here since you get the same freedom as you previously described except from your colleagues, better known as Kira, which you had pleasure killing in the hearts game we met in" he says as I nod a little.