Chapter 24

My role was to bring the tagger over to the stairs and then the other militant will take over and lead the tagger down until they reach a lower floor away from Arisu and the sports girl before Aguni and Karube attack the tagger. I will then loop around and catch up to the tagger and help out if they need. I start running up each of the floors in search for the tagger to lead them to Aguni and Karube. I manage to find the tagger as I pull out the knife and hit a pipe with the backside of the knife to create a loud clanging noise.

The tagger instantly locks onto me as I turn and start running down the corridor to get to the stairs. I need them at the other staircase so I'll have to be quick with looping them so I don't get shot. I quickly jump down the stairs and start running the moment my feet land on the ground again. I start sprinting down the hall to get to the safety of the next staircase. As I run I look up as my eyes lock onto the movement from above. I see still resting comfortably on the top floor a blonde boy that lightly raises a hand and waves to me.

"Oh piss off" I shout up to him as I can see him grinning as I glance back and see the tagger appear on my floor. I still have a little distance to go so I keep running ahead but the tagger seems to lose interest in me obviously more interested in protecting the safe room to win. "I know where the safe room is" I call out in a taunting manner as I slow in my tracks and glance back to see the tagger hesitating for a moment before turning to me and starts shooting.

I jump into the a gap in the wall for cover as I wait until I hear the shots stop since they still need to reload the gun. The moment the shots stop I move out of my spot and start running again and get to the stairs before hearing more shots being fired from behind. I dive down the stairs to avoid the bullets as I'm sent crashing to the floor below. I feel my back hit the wall but there's no time to waste so I get to my feet quickly while trying to steady my breathing from the impact of the small fall.

I scurry around the corner and make sure I can hear the sound of footsteps behind as I get down to the floor with the militant so he can take over. I head down the corridor and slip into another gap in the wall as the tagger moves down to follow the boy instead. Once I'm certain the tagger has passed by me I move out of the gap and start heading down the stairs to help Aguni and Karube.

I hear some shots being fired as I look around and see the militant that took over from be getting shot multiple times as Aguni waits below. I understand why Aguni is waiting but damn man that's cold to sacrifice the dude for the sake of a few seconds. The militant falls to the floor blood now pooling around him as the tagger now has a few shots left as they walk ahead and spot something which I can't see from here. I assume it's Karube though as the tagger shoots at him but he dives out and starts fighting back.

Aguni finally decides to do something as he charges at the tagger and tackles them while throwing punches to their side. I can only watch as the space they're fighting in is small and dangerous. I decide to take a page from Chishiya's book and leave other people to do the hard work before pitching in at the end to claim the reward. I watch on the side with knife in hand in case I see an opening but for now there's none. From the way they're fighting I can tell they were military but I can't tell which area in the military.

I watch as Karube gets k irked back and Aguni is being held in a headlock as I finally see my opening. I rush in after flipping the knife so I could slash at them better and send a quick precise kick to the back of the taggers knee. Even with all the strength in the world you will still buckle with one swift hit to the back of your knee. I slash the knife in a quick motion and manage to get a hit on the taggers arm that held Aguni. The tagger pushes Aguni back with tremendous force as I can sense they're glaring at me from under the mask.

I side step Aguni as he falls back and attempt to send a kick to the again. This time they dodge with ease and try to grab at my leg so I jump back a little to avoid their hand. Once I touch the floor I jump forward again and attempt to strike them with the knife but they pull up out the sword I saw earlier and swings at me. I dive at the ground and roll before managing to slash at the taggers leg. They jump back into the open space while also guarding the staircase so we had no choice but to fight now.