Chapter 29

I'm left hanging on a rope as I feel the breeze of Tokyo brush over my exposed skin. All things considered I doubt the hunters will find me here since it is a really obscure location. Guess the game masters never considered the option to hide. "Y/n" a shout I heard from above as I finally force myself to look up. "TAMA" I call out as the familiar girl appears at the railing above. "Glade to see that yours alright" I call up as she goes a little pale seeing the bodies I've left behind.

"Any chance I can get a hand up" I call as she looks around while snapping back to the current issue. "Sure just give me a second" she calls down before disappearing out of my sight. After a few quiet moments I feel a tug on the rope as I slowly get pulled back up.  It takes a minute but soon enough I'm back on solid ground. "Thanks for not leaving me" I say to the girl that's already walking to the elevator. "No problem" she says obviously wanting to get away from the bodies. I quickly pull off the harness around my waist and start follow her so we sprint get lost.

"We might have a problem though" she says and passes me a phone that doesn't belong to either of us. "It turned off before I could get a good look but they're tracking us with their phones" she says as I look over the dead phone. I take back what I thought about hiding. "Well shit" I say and slip the dead phone into my pocket so I could show Chishiya and Kuina later. "Got any idea what we should do" Tama asks as we reach the elevator and watch the number to see if anyone would come up.

I pull out my own phone and check the timer as I take a seat next to the wall. "This floor is definitely clear so I guess we wait" I say after seeing that we had 10 minutes left. "What if a bunch of hunters come up at once" Tama says still standing as I shrug. "We can either wait and hope for the best or go down to greet them" I say as she looks between me and the elevator before sighing and sitting next to me. "Do you think there'll be more" she asks as I look over at her.

"It's possible that there is but since there were so many players I can assume they're chasing them down as it would take time to get up here anyway" I say and watch the elevator again. "If they do decide to come up here though we have four choices as I see it" I say as she raises a brow a little confused. "As the rules state we can fight or flight though these both sort of suck for us" I say as she nods since these were obvious. "Then the third choice is to run which again is a possibility but isn't going help much up here either" I explain while making sure the elevator didn't move.

"You said there was four choices though" she says as I nod and look back the way we came from. "We hide" I say as she raises a brow before letting out a laugh. "You've gone crazy, I've already told you they can find us with trackers" she says as I look back to the girl. "Correct but will they really question it if we hide with other bodies" I say as she meets my gaze and goes slightly pale again. "You aren't serious right" she says as I just look back to the elevator.

"It's not weird to look and see that we fought back and both sides ended up dying in the end" I say as I hear her take a shaky breath. "We don't have any good choices but survival is survival" I say as she doesn't seem any more calm. "You know this game is rigged against the players right, I'd even argue that it isn't a spades game but a hearts one instead" I say as I let my head rest back against the wall. "What do you mean" she asks as I point up to the railing. "Sure we're fighting and running a ton but the main issue is the mental decline and the games solution to escape the dread" I say as she seems to catch onto my thought process.

"Anyway that isn't really important right now" I say and point to the numbers on the elevator which have started to move. "I don't know about you but I'm not prepared to find out if that's friendly or not" I say and get to my feet as she sighs but gets up as well. "What do we do then" she asks as I raise my hand with four fingers held up. "You tell me" I say as she looks at my hand and thinks over our four choices. "We need to get down right" she asks as I nod.