Chapter 9

Um, so this chapter might be a bit disturbing for some people. It includes manipulation and some forms of dehumanisation, so if your not comfortable with that then you can skip the chapter.
If your fine with all that though then you can continue and enjoy!

-After John's suspension-

After finishing her nightly patrol Valerie had received an email from headquarters. It read something along the lines of how she was going to be assigned to a new special mission, which would be explained privately in detail tomorrow.

This email intrigued her since she's never been handed out a special mission. Of course regular missions were already a specialty and only assigned to people who were deemed as the most trustworthy and powerful in their field. But then what did a special mission indulge?

She wondered what this mission indulged and if it was similar to her other missions through the night. Valerie had only been assigned about five missions in her many years of service to the Authorities, but from all these experiences she's never had a special mission. Regardless, this was a great honor and she was happy to be of service to the Authorities.

____________________

The next day she found out what this mission entailed and was given equipment for its success. Currently they were in a duffel bag that she had put in the trunk of her car while she was driving back home. This equipment included cameras, sleeping pills, chloroform, tracking devices, handcuffs, tranquiliser darts, a nullifier, and a gun if the subject doesn't cooperate. High-tiers are quite tough, and anything like a taser won't help to immobilize them. Well, not fully.

John Doe is the subjects name, but needs to be regarded as Subject176# in reports for secrecy. Her main goal is to get rid of the negative influence from his previous caretaker and get him ready for the future plans of the Authorities. This might be harder than said though since what she has seen through his profile is that he is quite the troublemaker who has shown excessive violent behavior through the years he has possessed his ability. An ability that lets the user copy someone else's ability and strengthen it. It is currently a seven point five and is called Aura Manipulation and seems to be determined as a perfect asset to the workforce of the Authorities. It might even be a nice suit to the research that she is involved in since the subject is related to the main donor.

Overall, this mission was definitely something special and was nothing like her previous missions. She just hoped she could complete this mission without any difficulties.

ENTRY 1:

Subject176# has been moved to the allocated location. Just as instructed, they have been completely removed from the negative influence of their previous caretaker and have been put on a schedule that will prepare them for future plans.

ENTRY 2:

The subject on the day of arrival was emotional and uncooperative. They didn't seem to understand the circumstances they were in and when told seemed to be in denial. This has persisted since then and because of this obedience is less than optimal. Recent actions to support this observation include ignoring instructions, acting inappropriately, and instigating fights. It is expected for this behavior to improve though, since time will deter this denial. But if this continues extra precautions might be required.

ENTRY 3:

The subject's demeanor is very unusual, they behave very much like a low tier. Of course this isn't a surprise since from records the subject was classified in this area at the start of their growth phase and because of this they picked up behavior suitable for a low tier. These behaviors though are not suitable for a high tier and because of this they must learn correctly. For now, the subject is being taught the basic mannerisms. Further specialist aid might be required.

ENTRY 4:

Subject176# ability has been tested with the PSTRD and their profile will be updated with the results. Overall it is recommended for more testing to be performed since these results do not fully estimate the ability, it's limitations, weakness, and future growth.
Because of this limit of information on the ability questions were asked to the user to identify important factors. Answers to these questions have already been sent through.

ENTRY 5:

Subject176# is physically fitter than most in their age group but this level of fitness does not reach the requirements. Currently this limitation is being worked on and won't be a problem soon.

ENTRY 6:

The subject refuses to spar with and without their ability. The only way to produce a result is to anger them, which isn't a sustainable and effective solution. It is recommended for a professional to take a look into their mentality and depict why they refuse to fight. For now though, steps are being taken for the subject to get comfortable with fighting. This will be achieved with the subject practicing on a punching bag until getting comfortable and then slowly transfering to sparring.

ENTRY 7:

The subject seems to be curious about their previous caretaker's whereabouts and are taking steps in trying to find what has happened to them. Examples of this are calling their previous caretaker's phone number, asking questions about them, and searching online. Requests are currently being approved for information to be provided for the subject about their previous caretaker.

____________________

The new resident is difficult to say the least. She doesn't enjoy his company and she believes he doesn't either. If she had it her way she would probably ignore his presence entirely, but the mission comes first before any personal opinions.

Because of this she must play a role, one that will gain his trust so that the process will be easier. It's a full time job, and she must still do her nightly patrols from time to time since there is a shortage of personnel. These nightly patrols are an inconvenience, since she has to add sleeping pills into John's dinner and also catch up on footage from the cameras after she finishes these patrols. Requests have been made to at least shorten the hours, so she can put more time into the mission.

As well as these patrols, every week it is expected of her to give all the footage to Authority specialists to analyze the subject and his behaviors. And then after a while, an agent will come to her and inform her of future actions required for her to perform. These request may span between building rapport with the subject, testing theories on their ability, or fixing 176#'s behavior.

Other things that these specialists advised her to do was to become the subjects mother of sorts, so that when they lose their way she'll be able to push them in the right direction. A sense of comfort will also make sure that they don't disobey and run away, so she has been told to add furniture and items that have been around his previous residence. Of course, she must do this slowly so that they don't realize.

She has also been tasked to teach Subject176# some material arts. Simple but effective moves that will help in a fight. Problem is that they refuse to do this and it infuriates her to no end. They seemed to enjoy fighting from what she has seen and even know a few boxing moves. But whenever she asks them to fight with or without his ability they just flat out refuse. But nothing to worry about, since her previous request about providing a therapist was accepted and soon it will no longer be her problem whether or not they want to fight.