Chapter 24

Morning chatter echoed through the hallways, as he made his way through them. As usual, people nearby noticed his presence and cleared a path for him.

Elaine had called in the middle of the night, worried, something that was completely out of her character. He was informed that Blyke, Isen, Remi had gone out as vigilantes and they got critically hurt. Seraphina had somehow been strung up into this and told Elaine that if she didn't come back in the next two hours then she should call him.

Now, was he surprised?

Slightly.

But peacefulness around the school was never a thing, and when Blyke and Isen got together they would always cause a mess. He thought that Remi would reel them in, like always, but it seemed that she hadn't. Maybe she had even been the one to start all this chaos in the first place, since this seemed to be turning out to be quite the mess.

He caught a glance of Isen across the hallway, quelling his thoughts to focus on the task at hand. One that required him to talk to him and obtain some information on the matter of last night's outing.

Coming over to Isen, he tapped him on the back, resulting in him to whip around.

"So, I heard Remi and Blyke got injured yesterday," He said, in response Isen nervously glanced his way before breaking eye contact and fumbling his locker open.

A few seconds passed by, Isen obviously trying to ignore his presence so that he'll leave. Which was a pretty ignorant strategy on his part.

He sighed wanting to remind Isen of the hierarchy before he remembered there wasn't one anymore. So he instead focused on the task at hand, "You know your silence is only a confirmation."

Isen didn't respond, instead deciding to take out a couple textbooks. It seemed silent treatment was still being used, and talking seemed to be not working for stopping such a thing. So he must change tactics.

Pulling out the object from his pocket, he lifted the sharp point up to Isen's face. The situation oddly resembling the fork incident with Blyke and Isen, which caused him to frown at the thought. 

But that didn't last for long since the physical threat seemed to work on Isen.

"Where did you get that?!" He questioned in a hush tone, a not very good look on him. But it worked, so he wasn't complaining.

"Doesn't matter, answer my question," He kept the sharpened pencil close to Isen's face, it slightly jolting closer when speaking which seemed to get Isen in a more nervous mood.

Putting up a small surrendering motion Isen complied, "Ok. Ok. Just don't stab me with that."

"So?"

"Yeah, they got injured. Why ask me though?"

He shrugged at the proposed question, "Honestly it was just pure coincidence. Was just looking for one of the troublesome trio, and happened to find you first."

"What are you going to do?" The question seemed to come out slowly, leaving a slightly dreadful atmosphere around them.

He shrugged once again, "Probably something similar along the lines of reporting to the principal."

"Damn. This is going to suck," Isen sighed, seeming to have already predicted this action. He nodded numbly before remembering another piece of information he wanted to discuss.

"If it isn't too much to ask, do you perhaps know the whereabouts of Remi?"

"Well she hasn't been answering my texts and I haven't seen her today so it's quite possible she isn't even here today."