Chapter 20

Had a small writers block and a lot of school stuff last week but kind of wanting to get this chapter out for you guys so here you go.

Also wanted to say that there is a bit more swearing in this one compared to the other chapters. So, yeah... be warned I guess.
Word count: 2452
Anyways, hope you enjoy!

Honestly he didn't expect today to turn out like this when he woke up. Since Wednesday's are usually pretty chill.

Usually.

Key on that word since today is a completely different Wednesday. You know, dodging flaming slashes that if they'll meet their mark might cause his premature death isn't the usual. And he's kind of thankful for that, cause this was really fucking nerve racking. Especially since he knows that there is no mercy here.

And here he thought that John's fights were the worst.

He dodged another slash, feeling the heat pass by him. He started to prepare another set of lasers for firing, the one that had lasers on each finger.

He jumped backwards, and Remi seemed to take it as an invitation to attack. She swung the pipe, electric currents surrounding it.

He wondered when Remi decided to use a pipe for her ability. It's definitely something new that's for sure.

The green haired lady dodged the pipe charged with electricity with ease.

He harshly breathed out, lifting up both of his arms and aiming right at his target. He soon released them, stepping back as he absorbed the recoil.

She dodged the lasers by jumping over them, and while she was in the air Isen jumped up and punched her in the face. The lady fell, rolling down to soften the fall before getting up.

He lifted up his arm, aiming the lasers straight at her. Remi had her pole in-front of her and Isen had his hands formed into knuckles. They all seemed to be in a weird sort of tense staring contest, and he was getting ready to let go of his lasers but a whole cloud of smoke got rid of that chance.

It engulfed his vision in an instant, making him shut his eyes. He coughed at the smoke that he inhaled, blinking a bit before squinting his eyes open. He brung up his scarf slightly over his nose to not breath in the smoke and started to make his way out of it as alert as possible, since he didn't know what the fuck was happening.

"Guys!" He coughed, trying to get some type of reassurance that the others were fine and weren't being attacked.

"Blyke!" He heard Remi's voice to the left of him. When he heard that, he started making his way to it.

A seconds later he heard another voice, "I'm here!"

It was Isen's.

"Don't worry. I'm coming over to you Remi, so stay put!"

"Okay!" Remi yelled.

He continued on his way to her, but before he could make it fully the smoke started to clear.

Quickly.

And when he made a few more steps the smoke was nearly gone.

He whipped around his head, trying to identify his surroundings. More specifically the possible danger that was the Ember agent.

And well he was met with nothing, which gave him slight relief.

So, he moved on to the next thing. Remi and Isen, who were standing pretty close to where they were.

He ran over to Remi since she was closer, Isen coming over to them as well.

"Everyone okay?" He asked, a puff of air coming out of his mouth.