Chapter 25

Another boring Monday spent hanging around by herself or with Arlo. Slappy Pig could only be entertaining for a while and class was nothing more than tense everytime she was in there. These days always seemed to give her a painful reminder, that would stick for the rest of the day.

That John was still missing. And nothing was being done about it. She wasn't doing as much as she could, even though she had already run herself rampant trying to find any piece of a clue.

It was quite pathetic. A high tier like her unable to even gather anything solid other than word of mouth that usually was false. She was failing, and that gave her a feeling of utter petrification. Because even though John had messed up, he was still her friend. He was still the caring, hard working, and brave guy that she first met. And well when he went missing she thought she would find him quickly and everything will be resolved (like a lot of things in her life). But that's not the case.

She felt like she was losing hope. He....He could be dead for all she knew. She-

Ringing disrupted her current thoughts, she clambered out of her bed and reached over to her desk. Glancing over the caller ID, she instantly answered.

"Hello?"

"I assume you already know why I'm calling. Please go to the assigned spot, you have twenty minutes."

"Alright," She answered hesitantly, a small ball of anxiety started to form. But with that also came some hope. Maybe there will be answers she's been trying to find for months.

She bit her lip, as she hauled on her jacket.

Yeah, hopefully.

—————————

Isen hated making things hard for himself for no reason. He'll be honest, he isn't someone like Remi nor is he like Arlo. They both have a big sense of selflessness and are designed to be a leader. But him. He's just a regular guy trying not to get murdered every second and just going through life. Help his friend, do his thing and just enjoy life.

So when this whole vigilante thing happened it happened. Of course it was shocking, both of his friends got injured and they are now probably being hunted by the government.

But like it's fine (not really, but he's looking on the positive side).

He already knew what he was getting into and he has no hard feelings cause he already made this decision a long time ago to help his friend.

So that's why Isen was sick of the mood between the group. Remi is being way too distant and everytime he would see her she always had a look of extreme guilt come over her. Blyke has also gotten distant if that was even possible and he is obviously affected by Remi and her actions of distance. And well, now he's the guy that's sitting in between them and trying to make this whole dynamic work.

Which is really hard if the other two are giving him the most plain answers and just letting him do the talking. It's getting frustrating and he would like this stupidity to stop. They needed to talk to each other and get their feelings out the way. And what better way is there than to force them into a situation to do so. One that he's already come up with.

"That's it!" He slammed his hands onto the lunch table, gaining the others' attention.

"What?" Blyke glanced over, after having taken a bite out of his apple.

"We are hanging out after school."

"I've got to study for something, so I can't," He furrowed his brows at the answer, instantly getting that that was a bullshit response from Blyke.