Chapter 18

Got a slight writers block and the last few days I have been just writing and writing to catch up.
WARNINGS: Blood
Anyways, hope you enjoy!
Word count: 3028

It's Monday, the last period, and she was ready to leave school so she could just fall into bed and sleep for eternity. I mean she doesn't hate school but feeling sore nearly everywhere while sitting in a wooden seat for multiple hours is uncomfortable to say the least.

She also slightly over-used her ability, which kind of has caused her to feel this small painful tingling across her whole body nearly everytime she moves around.

So to minimize her soreness and pain she's been sitting in class placing her head on her crossed arms that were leaning over the desk. She should have put on the special ointment that the doctor gave her for when she overuses her ability. But she kind of forgot so now she has to deal with the consequences.

She's been trying to focus on today's lesson but for the life of her she can't. She doesn't even know what they are learning about, was it Trigonometry or Physics?

Anyways, she probably should focus otherwise someone will get suspicious. Well, mostly Blyke but she shouldn't rule out Isen either. He's quite perceptive and is usually the first one to get the scoop. She wouldn't be surprised if Blyke told him his suspicions either.

She yawned, trying not to rub her eyes too much since she put some concealer on for the obvious eye bags that have started to form. It was sort of strange, she had slept in the hours she had missed on her patrols but she still had very obvious eyebags forming.

Patrols are... not that optimal. It includes a lot of walking around for multiple hours looking for trouble which isn't very pleasant. Because of this she's kind of been practicing with the pipe, more specifically trying to channel her electricity through the metal effectively without putting too much or too little energy. This is because she has a slight limit, electricity isn't really compatible for her body.

Yeah, she might be much more resistant to it but if she uses it for too long or too much then she might fry her nerves or in an extreme case her brain. She's only done it a couple times, the result being temporarily frying her nerves slightly, but it definitely hasn't been a great experience and because of that she'd rather not go through it again.

Now, regarding these patrols she sort of is using her ability much more than usual and because of this she's slightly worried about obtaining injuries. Solution to this is training herself to limit her spillages of energy that aren't used, which is hard to do since electricity is quite uncontrollable.

Another solution she can think of is to widen her usage ability. But it's a bit more difficult and requires her to push herself to her limit and let her body adapt to it, which is quite dangerous since she could go way over her limit and cause a bunch of injuries unintentionally.

Anyways, she's been practicing since last patrol. In and out of her vigilante persona since she kind of noticed that her weapon skills are kind of lacking. It's also hard to channel the electricity through, since she isn't really used to running it through metal.

Now that she thinks about it, her ability control isn't the best. Yeah, she's worked hard to be able to grow her ability and by ranking she's quite high. But when it comes down to it she's lacking in many areas. But life isn't fair and there are many people who are higher in level than her which at the start of a fight is already an advantage.

This was proven by John, who had a higher level but she's not trying to excuse her loss. Because he wasn't only more powerful than her but also cunning. He thought and used his ability to its full potential. Maybe it wasn't intentional, but he still won.