Ch. 7:

I stood in front of Ai's door.
This was it. The last guy...
I tried to recall my other encounters.
Ranmaru, Tokiya, Masato, and Camus had been the hardest to talk to and make amends or whatever.
Cecil, Reiji, Syo, Natsuki, and Otoya were the easiest to talk to and be friends with.
And then there was Ren. He was all over me, trying to woo me.
I shuddered, thinking about being in the same room as that hentai.
I knocked on Ai's door.
He opened it. "Ara, Reika." He said. "Come in."
I walked in. And noticed the same thing as Ren's room.
There was only one bed.
All his couches were filled with plugs and computers.
"We will be sharing a bed, sorry." He said.
I blushed. "It's fine!" I cried.
He raised an eyebrow. "Honto ni? I can get you an extra bed..."
I shook my head. "I don't want to cause any trouble."
Ai nodded. "Okay, well, here's your schedule."
He handed me a piece of paper.... Which grew into the size of a rug.
"Make sure to follow it perfectly, or else." He said.
My eyes widened. "Hai, Ai!"
He nodded in approval. "First on the list..."

'This isn't easy.' I thought to myself as I dragged myself back to Ai's room.
Oh come on, you know you enjoy it. The voice said.
I blushed. 'Not really.'
I got ready for bed, Ai walked out of his closet, dressed in pjs and his hair was loose.
He climbed into the bed. "You sleep facing the other side... I don't feel comfortable when others look at me when I sleep."
"Hai, Ai-San." I said, glad that he respected boundaries.
Unlike... Ren...

*flashback*

"I'm not really sorry that we have to share a bed, Rei-chan 2." Ren had said as he climbed into his bed with a tank top and black jogging pants.
I timidly made my way towards the bed.
When I was within his reach, he grabbed me by the waist and snuggled up to me. "Oyasumi, Rei-chan 2." He said.
I didn't get any sleep within that week.

*end of flashback*

I slipped under the covers and relaxed. Ai's presence didn't bother me... It comforted me somehow.
I liked it.

*next day- day 2*

I awoke to an incessant tapping on my shoulder. I grumbled, and put the pillow over my head. The tapping finally stopped, and I sighed. (This is Ai: (・Д・)ノ) Suddenly, I was shoved onto the floor, landing hard onto the floor.
I groaned.
"It's late!" Ai called.
"IT'S 5:30!" I snapped.
"You were suppose to wake up an hour and 30 minutes ago!" Ai said in an irritated tone. "Even Syo woke up when I tapped him!"
He sighed in frustration. "In 5 minutes I expect you in the first music room." He stormed towards the door.
"What about breakfast?!" I cried.
He looked over his shoulder. "You should've woken up an hour and 30 minutes earlier!" He snapped, then walked out of the room.
I growled. I hated him. I hated him. I hated him. I hated him.
You love him. The voice said.
I humphed.
You didn't deny it~
I rolled my eyes and got ready. I took the shortest shower ever, shoved myself into a denim overall-skirt thing with a white floral blouse, combed my wet hair and left it wet.
I rushed out of the room, my stomach growling.
"Reika!" Syo called, rushing down the hall. I stopped so he could catch up.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Did you see Ai?"
"Uhh... Yeah, he just left..." I said.
He shook his head. "That's not what I meant." He said. "He was so irritated. I've never seen anyone irritate him... Well, with a exception for Reiji... But, still... It's like you bring out the emotion in him, Reika...."
"But he can't feel emotions..." I mused.
He nodded, "I know.... Wow, you really are something..."
I blushed. "It's nothing..."
"REIKA!" Ai yelled from somewhere in the building.
Syo paled. "You better get moving." He put an arm on my shoulder. "Good luck."
I felt cold dread.
What would happen?

***

I collapsed into a chair, aching all over.
"Doushita, Rei-chan 2?!" Reiji asked, settling down next to me.
I took several fries from his tray. "Ai."
He looked to me apologetically. "Gomen, if he's too harsh."
I shook my head. "He brings out the best in me."
Reiji smiled. "You bring out the best in him, Rei-chan 2." He said. "He talks about you all the time, all the potential you have, all the talent you have, everything. I hope he's the one you're looking for. He really likes you."
I blushed. "I-I'm... I'm nothing special-"
"NO!" Reiji cried. "You like Ai-Ai!"
I turned a darker shade of red.
He hugged me. "Yay! Yay! Rei-chan 2, you've found the one!" He yelled. "I'm sooooo happy!!!!!!!! It should be easy, then! Tell him, and you'll have him.... And, everything would be fine!"
I nodded. It did sound that easy.
Only if it was that easy.

*time skip- day 5*

I had not told Ai yet. Every time I saw him, Reiji's words would echo in my mind, and I would blush like crazy.
I didn't like this secrecy. It made things awkward. I fell out of the bed 3 times every time his foot touched mine. I noticed every time I would do my hair, he would stare me down. When I did one of his assignments, he would watch me, study me.
It was happening right now.
We were in the car. He had me do an assignment, so I was scribbling very quickly as the car slowed to a stop due to a red light and some traffic. Ai was next to me, staring me down as I wrote.
I was controlling the blushing reflex.
"Reika." He said.
I didn't meet his gaze, but I looked out the window. "Hai?"
"You've misspelled ten things on your paper."
I blushed. "Whatever."
There was silence, and I went back to writing my paper.
"Reika." He said again.
"Hai?" I asked.
"Is there something you want to tell me? You've been quite distant and quiet lately."
Tell him, tell him, tell him! The voice chanted. Do it, do it, do it!
I took a deep breath. Now or never, I made the bet.
"Ai, there is something.... I.... Want to say." I said.
He looked at me, expecting me to say what I needed to say.
"Ai..." I said.
He stared.
"I... I think...."
I took a deep breath and let everything I was feeling out. "IthinkIlikeyoualotandIthinkthatyouaretheoneIamsearchingfor."
He stared at me, then looked away.
My heart broke as I continued my assignment.

I slowly got ready for bed. My life is over. Everything is over.
I couldn't find the one. I'm going to disappear.
I looked down. My hand pulsed, invisible then visible. I'm a goner.
I walked to bed like I was drunk. I walked unsteadily, hesitation in my walk. Ai looked at me, then looked away. He slept facing me, staring at me.
My whole body pulsed, at he looked at me worriedly. I just avoided his gaze.
I climbed into the bed and positioned myself at the edge of the bed.
I pulsed again. It hurt. But, I was gone. I'm dead to the world already.
Ai looked at me, worriedly. "Reika?"
I shook my head. "Oyasumi, Ai." I said roughly.
He turned off the lights, and I pulsed again, tears streaming down my face.
Suddenly Ai pulled me into an embrace, holding me close.
He sang softly into my ear, my body stopped pulsing.
I was half asleep as he finished.
"I love you, too, Reika." He whispered softly.

Sorry for the log wait. I think you will be waiting for awhile for my other chapters. Still grounded. Bye.