Ch. 10:

Day after day Ai and I ran at dawn, had breakfast, sang for countless hours, and danced for countless hours, practiced brig on TV shows.
The only thing I learned was how to sing in front of Ai.
"That's an improvement." He said, nodding.
I smiled. "Yay!"
He patted me on the back. "Unfortunately, I can't teach you how to compose. That's something you're going to have to do on your own." He said.
"R-right." I whispered.
A small smile tugged at his lips. "But everyone needs inspiration. So, just the two of us are going on a small vacation."
My eyes widened. "Shining let you?!"
He nodded. "He said whatever will make you write the song faster."

*time skip*

"Koko wa doko?!" I cried, staring at the crashing water. "What is that?!"
He looked bemused. "My data says that you've seen water before..."
"I've seen water... But... That..." I said.
"That's the ocean."
"Ocean." I said.
"Let's go there, then, Reika." He said, holding my hand and guiding me to the water.
I stepped in a the water lapped at my feet and shivered. "Tsumetai!" I cried with a smile. I ran in as waves bumped me.
He stood at the water's edge, looking at me with an endeared smile. "I can't go in, but enjoy yourself."
I nodded and danced around in the salty water.

I crawled back up to shore, soaking wet and tired. Sand accumulated on my arms and legs and I collapsed next to Ai.
"Dō?" He asked.
"Tanoshi!!!" I cried happily.
"Sou? Good." He said. "Any ideas?"
"A melody maybe..." I said.
Ai smiled. "Okay. That's a start. How about some lunch and let's head to the pool?"
My eyes sparkled. "What's a pool?!"

The pool was amazing. Good music. Sparkling blue water. A small water park. And SLIDE!!
And I admit. Ai looked pretty hot without his shirt on.
We were on the slide. A two story high tower with the slide curling around it. I was in front. There was no line, everyone else was on the beach.
"Doushia?" Ai asked.
"Ride with me." I whispered. "Kowai yo!"
He sighed. "Hai, hai."
I sat between his leg and he pushed off. "Lean forward." He whispered into my ear. "We'll go faster that way."
I did as I was told, and we were rocketing toward the bottom. I screamed in delight as splashed into the water below.
I noticed I was still clinging onto Ai. I pushed away.
"I'll go again later..." I said and swam a little further. "I'm going to chill in the water for awhile."
I swam to the 12 ft end on the pool and completely submerged myself. I stayed down for about three minutes and noticed I needed air. I tried to swim to the top, but to no use. I breathe in, thinking I would choke, but the water turned to oxygen. I could breathe water.
Satisfied, I said down for about 20 minutes an fell asleep.

*Third POV*

Ai and the lifeguard dove down. Reika was there, eyes closed, probably unconscious.
The life guard pulled the girl up and set her on the nearest lounge chair.
Ai brushed back her hair. "Reika?" He asked. His data told him that she was fine, that no water clogged her lungs.
She opened her eyes suddenly. "Ai?" She asked.
He hugged her. "Baka."
"Excuse me?!" She snapped.
He smirked and held out his hand. "Want dinner?"
Reika nodded. "Sure."
The left the suspicious life guard.
The life guard turned an dialed a number on his cell phone. "Moshi moshi? Professor? She's here, just like you said."

*Reika's POV*

I don't know why Ai was so worried. That was like... 3 days ago already. He didn't leave my side at all.
Even when I was writing my song, he stayed up with me.
He said something was there and he ended to protect me from it. I didn't understand what, so I just let him do whatever he was doing.
It was four days into our vacation. Technically, our fifth day. It was midnight.
Ai had lightly dozed off in the chair next to mine.
I smiled at how cute he looked and finished off the last phrase of my song.
I. Was. Done.
Now I just had to record it and let Shining listen to the demo! Then a performance and I'm home free!
Grinning, I let myself sleep.

In my dream, Ai was screaming my name, trying to catch me.
There was someone behind me, dragging me away.
I awoke with a gasp. "Ai?" I called.
He wasn't there.
This wasn't our hotel room.
My dream was not a dream.

Only 783 words, not counting this author's note. Oh well. I'm lazy and on vaca! Who cares! Another cliff hanger! I'll be sure to finish this one off quickly so I can concentrate on "My Dreams Café".
Comment and vote! Arigato! ^-^