Ch. 8:

I woke up. It was 9 am.
Wait... 9 am?!
I turned to my right side, Ai was still asleep.
Strange. I thought.
Check his temperature. The voice in my head said.
I put my hand on his forehead. It was hot.
"Ai." I whispered, shaking him lightly.
His eyes opened, a miserable look was in his gaze.
"Daijoubu?" I asked him.
"Iie, Reika." He whispered, voice hoarse. "I don't feel we'll and I don't understand what is happening. Why am I sick? I'm an-"
He broke into a fit of dry coughs.
"What should I do?" I asked, worried.
"Go to Shining and tell him that you've found the one-" he started.
"Iya, Ai, your health first." I interrupted.
A soft look came over his face. "Okay. Go to Reiji and tell him that I'm sick. Reiji will burst in here and bother me, but he will call the Professor. You two will then accompany me there, okay?"
I nodded. "Hai. Let me get ready, then."
I took a quick shower, put on jeggings, a simple white blouse, a necklace, and white Vans.
When I got out, Ai was fully dressed, leaning against the bed frame, looking miserable.
I walked up to him and caressed his cheek. "How are you feeling?"
"Worse." He answered.
I nodded. "I'll get Reiji now, okay?"
He nodded as I closed the door behind me.
I knocked on Reiji's door. "Rei-chan." I called. "Rei-chan."
He opened the door, half dressed.
I blushed. "Etoo... Ai... He's sick."
His eyes widened. He put on the shirt he was holding and rushed to Ai's room. I was at his heels.
"AI-AI!" He yelled, rushing to the other. He pulled out his phone. "I'll call the Prof right now! Don't worry!"
Reiji dialed the number, said a few words, and hung up. "He's willing to see us now. I think he was arguing with someone."
Ai nodded as he leaned on Reiji and I for support.

*time skip*

We entered a lab. "We're here!" Reiji called.
"SEE I TOLD YOU I WAS EXPECTING SOME ONE! NOW GET OUT!" A voice yelled.
A man with messy brown hair and bright green eyes walked out, really pissed.
Another guy with cropped black hair and sea blue eyes walked out, also angry.
The guy with blue eyes eyed our group curiously. "An A.I. And a human and..." His eyes widened. "Who are you?! What are you?!"
Ai's arm tightened around me.
"They are none of your business. Now get out!" The green eyed one said.
He eyed us hungrily. "I'll find you, girl! I will find you!"
The blue eyed one was shoved out.
The other Professor turned to us. "Ai, I've heard you have a cold. Come, I think your drive is just infected."
He took Ai into his hold and Reiji and I followed.
The Professor hooked Ai up to something, and did some other things I don't want to describe. In a few minutes, Ai was back to normal.
The Professor examined Ai's old drive. It was pulsing a faint pink-white. That was my music color.
"Miss..."
"Reika." I said.
"Miss Reika, can I please run some tests on you? And ask a few questions?"
I looked to Ai. He nodded. We can trust this guy.

So I told the Prof. about everything.
He told me that my pulse was a sort of "virus death" my body does from lack of music, it's like when a stomach digests itself when someone doesn't eat at all.
I'm not supposed to be touched when I'm pulsing and 5 minutes after my pulsing.
I was glad to have a professional tell me about this stuff.
Little did I know, I had just put him, myself, Ai, and everyone I know in danger.

Done! Whatcha think? Comment and vote! Arigato! ☆〜(ゝ。