dad

JD and I had been dating for awhile now. At the time, we were driving over to his house so I could meet his dad. He was fidgeting and breathing shakily, so I could tell he was nervous. I put my hand in his shoulder. He flinched.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay, babe," I soothed.

"I-I know, he's just...not the kind of guy I want you to be around," he said, his voice cracking.

I pulled him into a hug, his arm that wasn't on the steering wheel wrapping around me in reciprocation. 

JD POV : 

I parked silently in front of my house, on the verge of tears. Everything was a blur. I heard fuzzy noises of my girlfriend calling my name.

"Jason..?" she said poking my shoulder. 

I couldn't take it anymore.

Why did I agree to this?

I wish everything would just go away...

"Jason...? Talk to m—"

I turned and grabbed her throat, slamming it into the window repeatedly, enjoying her screams.

"JD..?" 

I snapped back to reality, finding that my sadistic fantasy was only a daydream.

"Sorry..I was just...distracted," I said shaking my head and unbuckling my seatbelt.

I opened the car door and we stepped out. The air was dry. The house was unwelcoming. I felt like my head would explode explode if I had to set foot in that awful place. Though I came here every day and had spent my lonely nights in this house for the past 17 years of my life, this time it was...different. Was it because Y/N was here? No, maybe I'm just imagining things. Step by step I walked to the door. Time seemed to be moving in slow motion. I reached my hand out to touch the handle. As soon as my hand touched the handle, I was met with a hot sensation. It burned. It was singeing the skin off my hand. I looked up to find the house on fire. I turned around in panic, looking for my dad and girlfriend.

"JASON HELP!" I heard Y/N's voice call.

"JASON PLEASE I'M YOUR FATHER, DON'T LET ME DIE!" My father wailed.

Snap.

Just as before, I was struck with the reality that house was not on fire, and my girlfriend and dad were very much still alive. 

Dinner was silent. I wasn't thinking clearly..

"So, Bud, what do you do for work?" Y/N asked, striking conversation.

"Well, you know, couple a' jobs here and there. I've managed to land myself a job as head of a deconstruction agency," Bud responded. 

The words rang in my ears