can't live without you

I sat in bed, knees up to my chest, tears streaming down my cheeks. I sniffed, my eyes puffy. I stared at my phone, reading the texts that had been sent just a few minutes earlier. 

I regretted most of what I had said. It was a stupid argument. It wasn't worth it. 

'Why are you being so difficult? Just listen to me for once.' 

'No! I'm done listening, J.'

'If that's how you feel, then get out of my sight, Y/N.'

'Fine! I don't fucking need you anyways!'

'We'll see about that.' 

That was the last time we'd spoken face to face. I wasn't proud of what I'd said, and I wasn't happy about the fact that those were the last words I'd spoken to him.

I cried for a long time. I cried for what felt like forever. 

I knew that it was probably healthy to take a break, but I was so enamoured with him that I could barely stand to leave the previous interaction like that with no resolution.

I don't know what motivated me to get out of bed, but my legs hopped out, then my arms slid on a hoodie, and I made my way to his house. 

It was raining. Perfect.

My hair became soaked, and my mascara had obviously been running. I sobbed in the pouring rain, desperate for the comfort of his arms. 

Everything all at once felt like a scene from a movie, or some fan fiction online.

I arrived at his house, my clothes soaked, my face a mess, barely choking back sobs.

As I climbed the steps I rethought everything up until this point. Still, my desperation for him overruled everything and I continued.

I knocked on the door. I was cold, tired and upset. 

He opened the door. It was as if a beam of light had just been shined on me. As if the gates to heaven had just been opened.

"What are you doing he-" he began.

I interrupted him by wrapping my arms around his torso, and burying my face in his chest.

He wrapped his arms around me.

For one moment, 

Just a single second,

I felt so happy I could explode.

I felt so..loved.

I felt like I belonged.

And then I realized that something was wrong.

Very very wrong.

Click

Bang

"I really am sorry, Y/N, but you can't just argue with me and expect me to love you again. It's a shame, you were such a pretty girl too.."

"..Goodbye, my love," 

He kissed my forehead, 

Then let me fall.