Chapter 8

Alex's Pov.

The lesson was boring, but when it finally ended i was even more bored since i had nothing to distract me.

I kept glancing around, playing with the half eaten apple in my hand.

'Why don't i cause a little bit of trouble to make things more interesting?' i think when i saw Bianca standing up.

I flicked my finger a bit, calling the wind to my command, before releasing it, making Bianca trip on the pencil i that I had made fall.

She fell on her ass, many started laughing at her, making the girl run away emberassed.

I felt a bit annoyed when i saw Tyler running after her as the good puppy he is.

I let out a bored sigh as i, once again, glances around for something to entertain me.

Unfortunately, i had to endure my boredom for the rest of the day.

But thank the gods that after a theoretical class, the next day we will be having a practical one.

So, that's why I'm currently dressed with my combat uniform while sitting on the arena as i lisent to teacher explaining what we will be doing.

He will pair us with someone and have us fighting to see at what level each of us are and after that he will be forming groups at the same level and give them things to train or focus on as he he walks and guided everyone else.

I ignored the pairing up until i heard my name being called.

"Sir Alexandre Heartstone and His Highness Lukas Kane"

I glanced from the teacher to the Crown Prince who was already looking at me.

I smirked a little.

'This will be fun'

One by one, the pairs came down to the arena and fought, everyone was basically at the same level, but occasionally someone above the average appeared.

It finally came mine and Lukas's turn to fight.

The two of us went down to the arena after grabbing their equiment.

The two had wooden swords in hand as they stood in front of each other.

I had a relax posture and yet only those with an incredible eye would be able to see that there's no opening.

"How about a bet?" I asked, swinging my sword casually "To make things more interesting?"

He had an interested look on his face, so i continued.

"The winner can ask three favor from the loser. If they are unreasonable the loser can deny, but if it's inside his capabilities then it must be done" I proposed "Deal?" I asked.

"Deal"

The sound of mana snaping in place was heard. It means that we have made the deal with our mana in the line.

I smirked a little, i put my left foot at the back and the right on at the front, when i spined my left foot to point to the side, i ran foward with a speed higher than the eye can see, but for the talent and trained ones, it was easy to see my movements, but not read them.

Lukas' Pov.

There isn't much known about Alexandre Heartstone, all there is that he spends his time at home and that he has a Master.

It came to a suprise his speed when he ran to me, i barely managed to block the strike that came to my neck.

I took i step back when our swords collied.

He put more power behind his sword and i, too, put more in return.

Then, suddenly, the force vanished as he did too, i almost fell over by how suprise i was, but i didn't because i reacted fast enough.

I turned around and managed to hold myself from falling by putting a foot behind me.

When i was wondering why he didn't take this chance to attack, a sword was already on my neck before i could blink.

(It's my first time writing fighting scenes, any tips would be welcome)

"I surrender"

He smirked a bit, his eyes were a bit playfully, but there was something else there that made shiver.

He approched me, his hot breath tingled my ear.

"I'll have fun with you" he said low enough for only me to hear.

'Was it my imagination or did his voice sound deeper than before?'

When i came back to myself again, i saw him walking back to the stands while carrying the sword on his shoulder.

I shook my head before going back to the stands and sitting with my friends.