Chapter IX. Η Νίκη του Αυτοκράτορα

Moping around isn't going to change anything.

-Asahina Aoi. (Danganronpa)

⇀↼⛊⛉⛋⛉⛊⇀↼ 

Altera stared among the rumble and destruction that she had created. She already knew that they would survive her attack. And she would deal with them later. As she needs to finish her objective from her summoner.

Destroy Rome.

However, a gaze of emerald eyes watches her as she walks toward her destination. As she couldn't shake off the feeling of a child watching her. Despite that, no one was there. She left it to that. As she pushed that feeling back in her head as she carried her heavy footsteps forward.

Knowing that her enemies are still standing.

𝁻§§𝁻

Rumbles of the remains were pushed away as Ritsuka and everyone still standing, managed to pull them out of the rumble that Altera created in her noble phantasm attack. As Nero took a deep breath,

"Awu ... I thought I was going to die." Ritsuka watches Nero dust herself off while she keeps Mash steady on her feet. Only her other three servants managed to survive. Although Saber was injured on her behalf.

It would be difficult for Red Archer and Cu Lancer to fight another Saber servant on the level of divinity. Not even when Boudica and Jing Ke who managed to survive beside them are equipped to fight that kind of Servant either.

As it was a difficult situation where the advantages were low. Ritsuka could feel the stress levels skyrocketing as Dr. Romani rejoined them. After they were cut off from their connection.

"With the release of an Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm so close, I'm amazed that you're not dead. Thank you, mash. You too, Boudica. That was great timing." However, Boudica shook her head as she admitted that.

"...to be honest, that was too close. I ran in. To raid the palace from the entrance, only to sense this vast amount of magical energy, I rushed to release my noble Phantasm's True Name as well. Twice the amount of power that I had on me." But Mash shook her head in her response and said, "But then I couldn't have blocked that with my noble Phantasm alone. Thank you, Boudica."

"Likewise. But what are we going to do now? Lu Bu and Spartacus were rampaging around the palace entrance and unfortunately got hit by that light. We can't count on them anymore. We've gotten this far..." Yet, they were always one step behind. Left with no options. Nero's soldiers must have vaporized as well. If Lu Bu and Spartacus were hit by Altera's noble phantasm attack. Then they are goners. Leaving only five servants including Ritsuka and Nero exhausted.

As Nero asks the whereabouts of the perpetrator behind this devastating attack. "Altera was the name, right? She-"

"Already started her advance from the United Empire's capital. Judging by the direction, she's heading for Rome." The moment she asked. Dr. Romani informs that Altera was on the move.

"In that case, is she planning to burn my capital to ashes?" Nero asked Dr. Romani as he looked through the database while staff members sort out the locations and lay lines behind him. As he answers her question.

"I'd imagine so. Plus, she has that ability. Even if you're left alive, with the capital destroyed, Rome will disappear as well. Or she might come to kill you after she destroys the capital." As Nero shook her head to this. "Either option is rejected. I have no intention of Rome or myself falling."

"Then we have to defeat Altera. But can we ...even stand up to her? Her magical energy is tremendous. It reminded me of the sacred sword in Fuyuki... and we had a powerful Caster helping us back then. Now..." They don't have a lot of manpower or energy left and Ritsuka understood what Mash was saying. Even if they squeeze enough power to stop Altera. Then they would have to sacrifice Saber, Red Archer, and Cu Lancer at the crossroad.