Chapter XVI. Set the sails.

"He who is not courageous enough to take enough risks will accomplish nothing in life. So get up. You got work to do." - Ripa Phantom.

⇀↼⛊⛉⛋⛉⛊⇀↼

"Izuku." He turns towards Ritsuka. They finished dinner and everyone was getting ready to continue their work. And Izuku was about to join Boudica and Red Archer to clean the dishes this time. However, Ritsuka reaches out for him.

As he blinked owlishly at Ritsuka who was leaning in the shadows against the wall. Her next words were "We need to talk."

And here he was. Sitting face to face with Ritsuka in her room. Unsure why. His head spins theories about why Ritsuka may be asking for him. Was he in trouble? Or did Ritsuka- His worries were cut short as Ritsuka ask,

"Izuku, how are you doing?" Oh, he forgot about that. He has been dodging questions about his well-being. Ritsuka got the impression from the look Izuku gave her. He couldn't hide the big bagged eyes after all. As she asks, "Because you aren't doing too well. Judging by the eyes, I know that you are trying to avoid my answer."

He gulps nervously as he winces.

"I know that you don't want to be a burden to everyone. Is that correct?" She doesn't want to beat around the bush. But Izuku needs it more as validation than ever. Nodding to her words.

Ritsuka was somewhat relieved by his answer. As Izuku was clueless about it. Ritsuka saw this as a starting point and a steady improvement in their relationship. To Ritsuka's embarrassment, she and Izuku never interact very much due to the study sessions that kept them apart. And Izuku was very close-off before the small mission in the sub singularities he went to despite that one time he interacted with certain people they met previously. They haven't had a solid connection ever since Izuku mysteriously arrived in Chaldea.

However, Ritsuka wasn't sure if it was good to keep Izuku in the dark about the world that he came from. He rarely communicates with anyone other than his mentors or Dr. Romani. Sometimes, he talks to Da Vinci but it was only when she needed him to try out his gear.

And his servant was a no-go since Alexander was an energetic person compared to Izuku. As Ritsuka noticed from a distance how his rider servant kept pushing him around. Izuku didn't know where the line was drawn to put down people's requests and orders without being mistakenly rude.

"I am just tired, that's all..." He really didn't want to talk about it. But it seems Ritsuka was persistent in tearing down his walls. As she frowned at his words. "I just don't want to... disappoint everyone."

It wasn't a lie...

He just didn't want to admit it though. As Ritsuka silently understood his reasons. Izuku needs to hear the harsh truth that everyone was tip-toeing on eggshells. So he can't be blind by the fake truth that everyone consoles him with.

"But you are hurting yourself. I'm not saying that you can't help everyone. However, you are just a child right now." 'You don't have a lot of time to enjoy what's left before growing up'... Is what Ritsuka said but kept her mouth quiet. But it was impossible to wish for the best in Izuku's dream and future without the hardships he will have to face.

"I know." Their eyes met. As Izuku watched Ritsuka blink once. He didn't hate Ritsuka for butting in but he was grateful for it. "I am a child. I know that I could say no to Alex-kun but I worry that I would hurt his feelings but I couldn't help it..."

As he felt tears running up his eyes. He hated himself so much that he could cry at a time like this. He hated the feeling of being so vulnerable. As he tries to stop his tears. Two strong arms wrap around him, holding him in their embrace. He tried to look up but his vision blurred.