Chapter XV. Shades of red.

Stop dreaming and start doing. For your dream could be achieved by your hands - Ripa Phantom

⇀↼⛊⛉⛋⛉⛊⇀↼

Alexander kept dragging Izuku all over the place as the smaller boy let his servant do whatever he wanted. As they strolled through the hallways of Chaldea. Alexander broke the ice first as he ask,

"So Master? Since this is the first time that we have made a contract. I have to say that you are very young for a master." Izuku paused as Alexander continued, "That you are prepared to do what it takes to be a master. Am I right?"

"..." Alexander does have a point about his question. But it's not that he was prepared for the real fight in the singularity right away. He still is hesitant from the Gudaguda Honnouji sub-singularity aftermath. Even with the matchlock musket and the reason that the demon lord gave him. He has hesitated to kill people... even if they would threaten his life or anyone that he knew in Chaldea.

Taking a life is a scary thing to think about. However, his mentors said otherwise. People will kill each other for a reason. Safety. Protection. Resources. And so much more that Izuku could see why.

But the feeling felt wrong to him. As he learned that most masters were cold and ruthless to their servants and treated them as tools for their purposes which he remembers in his lessons. To take as a Master was... something that he will have to get used to.

Taking on Izuku's silence, Alexander decided to move on to another topic rather than push on. "So saving the world aren't we?"

"Yeah." However, Izuku's words weren't as confident as Izuku would like to say. As Alexander frowned at the monotone word. He asked,

"Not confident that you are saving the world. Aren't you?" Izuku shook his head. It was not that he was confident to save the world. It is just that he understands the weight of saving the world. It wasn't easy to carry something on your back. It was something that Dr. Romani and Da Vinci-chan told him when they were going to save the world. The feeling of ... expectations that he couldn't measure to... Ritsuka and Mashu had that expectation the whole time.

It wasn't easy for them when Izuku noticed at certain times that Ritsuka's confidence faltered at the slightest moment. For Izuku, saving and being a hero was a mere dream. But some say it's not while others told him to get it over with.

"It's not easy... to say that it would be fine." As he lifts his eyes to meet Alexander's. "I'm not sure that I could do it... But I'm trying."

Alexander smiles.

"Then let's start with nicknames!-" As he dragged Izuku by the hand. Izuku's vision blurs as Alex-kun insists that he was called. It wasn't until he dragged himself back to reality as he realized that he and Alex-kun were in the cafeteria. He must have zoned out as Alexander carried the conservation.

It wasn't until Red Archer served him the kid meal. While Alex-kun sat him down, saying that he should eat more. Izuku couldn't protest against him as he slowly chewed the food in silence. Alex-kun's energy was infectious and it was hard to say no.

After eating his food, Alex-kun became so defensive around Izuku that he was not used to having someone watching his back. While the Chaldea staff waved him as they passed by. They thought it was quite cute that Alexander looks like a knight in shining golden armor. However, Izuku didn't realize it and he remained quiet as he could not match Alex-kun's energy.

Regretting that he could have done better at entertaining Alex and holding him accountable as Ritsuka explained about the servants that she had summoned into Chaldea. Most servants that she summoned were very prideful and did things without a care. She even warned them that they could kill on sight if they are not held responsible by their master. Alexander insists on that nickname as they wander around the hallways. However, Izuku was not familiar with Chaldea's building structures so he did not go to places that he dared to cross.