Chapter 22 : Monsters Under The Hospital Bed

As I was leaving the hospital quad, I could have almost swore I saw Casey's parents parked in one of the lots.

I tried to get a closer look, but my view was blocked by an ambulance pulling into one of the bays.

I shrugged it off. What would they be doing here, anyway? I was paranoid. As usual.

It was warm out today. The seasons had changed, and summer was making it's appearance known. It was usually always warm here, but over the past few days it had been getting devilishly hot. The change in weather was slight, but apparent.

I shielded my eyes from the sun's unforgiving rays as I tried to locate where I'd parked my car. Peak hour. When the hospital really got busy. Everyone here for check ups, medication prescriptions or even emergencies.

Unlocking my car, I sighed to myself. I would probably have to get used to these visits for as long as Ash was in hospital. As much as I hated it, I needed to make an appearance. He wasn't conscious, and he wouldn't even know if I'd been here, but it felt like the right thing to do. That and I couldn't help myself, needing to know how my brother was doing was slowly becoming a must.

Even though if something happened, and he took a turn for the worst, I'd be notified immediately. In any case, I still wanted to be there.

In the event that he woke up, or suddenly took a massive leap towards recovery, I wanted to be there for it. But, unfortunately, that was only wishful thinking.

"Excuse me, miss, if you're leaving i'm going to have to ask you to speed it up a little. Someone needs this spot."

I glanced over out the open window to a car gaurd. He wore an annoyed expression, probably been standing out in the sun for too long.

I cocksed my head to the side, deciding instantly that I didn't like him. His tone was way too pushy, and his voice didn't suit his appearance. He looked around my age, good-looking, well-built and a dark tan.

"Can I help you?" I smirked at him, wanting to piss him off even further in search of a little amusement.

"Yes." He muttered through gritted teeth, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt in annoyance. "I asked you to hurry, people would like to park here."

"Oh, I'm sorry." My voice was dripping with sarcasm. I faked shock, being a little too over-dramatic.

"If you wouldn't mind." He gestured with his hand towards the exit of the parking bay.

"Well, what about those vacant spaces?" I pushed, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"This is closest to the entrance." He explained.

"Ha. Bullshit." I finally caved, snickering to myself. "Am I costing you business, buddy? Pretty sure you're just trying to get as many to people to park in your area of the parking lot as possible, correct?"

His upper lip twitched in annoyance, looks like I hit a nerve.

"Miss, kindly, back off. I need to get back to work."

I clicked my tongue. I'd had my fill of rude employees for today, thanks to the bitchy receptionist and now a greedy car gaurd? God no.

I slowly backed up, making sure to take my time about it, making the car gaurd go red with rage.

I was enjoying this way too much. Watching him stiffly giving me hand gestures, telling me to keep it coming.

As I was pulling away, he jogged to my window, expecting a tip. For what? I was barely here for fifteen fucking minutes.