Chapter 9

Casey's P.O.V ;

I haven't spoken , heard or seen Kimberly for the past three weeks , and to be completely honest my resistance was cracking. I missed her , of course , I missed my best friend. I miss how open we used to be , and how she had always been there. I miss how protective she was and I miss how she was always so strong , how she was always strong for the both of us. But of course , at the same time I've never been as angry as someone as what I've been at her.

What kind of a best friend sleeps with you , takes advantage of you , while you're drunk might I add , and still has the nerve to look dead in your eyes and ruin practically everything you've ever had? Kimberly fucking Wember , that's who.

But it wasn't that alone that had bothered me , because I'm pretty sure we would have moved on from that by now. It was the fact that she had told me that she's falling in love with me.

Kimberly was never one to fall in love. She had basically every guy after her since middleschool , and the fact that she doesn't even look their way actually just made them want her more. She slept around a lot , led them all on as some kind of sick game. We argued a lot about that , too. But I guess I knew I couldn't change her , and eventually I just let her be.

But to know that she's been doing the same thing to girls actually felt like a slap in the face. Not only did I have to find out from one of my closest friends , but I also had to find out that she screwed her as well. Yeah , sure , I would have been fine with it... that was until she did the same to me. While I was drunk , too , which pissed me off beyond belief. And then she still tells me how she feels? I guess I couldn't be that mad at her about that , because you can't really choose who you fall in love with , it just made things... awkward.

Obviously , i'm not a lesbian and I couldn't lie to her and tell her that I felt the same way , because I don't. What did she expect me to do? Suddenly change my sexual orientation and come running to her with open arms , telling her I don't care that she fucked me and I feel the same? Yeah , right.

The past few weeks have felt like years , being the longest of my life. The longest time I haven't spoken to Kimberly and it hurt , it hurt like hell. Not to mention she has a girlfriend now , some new girl who transferred a couple of weeks ago. I didn't like her , not one bit. It's not like I was jealous... I just didn't think that she deserved Kimberly. Kimberly deserves so much better than that , well , slut. And honestly , if I were Kimberly's girlfriend , I know for a fact that I would...

My thoughts were interrupted as my bedroom door opened , my dad sticking his head through the small crack.

"Casey , lunch is ready. Why don't you come down and eat? You've been in your room the whole day."

I sighed , dropping my pen on my notepad that I'd been doodling on for the past few hours absent-mindedly. I nodded , pursing my lips as I got up from my desk , opening my door to push past my dad.

I could already smell my mother's cooking. The fresh aroma of Italian herbs and spices filled the air , I could feel my mouth watering.

Jane and Jillian were here for the weekend , and of course they sat hand in hand next to each other , giggling softly to themselves. I knocked Jane on her head as I walked past.

"Get a room." I snickered as she shot me an annoyed look , rolling her eyes before turning her attention back to Jillian. They were honestly the cutest , happiest couple I think I have ever seen.

It's the happiest I've seen Jane in months , and I was so happy for her. Jillian , of course , was a total sweetheart , who could get on with anyone you sat down in front of her. Whether it be a grumpy 80-year-old who just escaped from an Asylum or a bubbly kindergarten child , who could barely speak a few words of proper English. And I think that's what Jane adores about her. Her kindhearted nature and non-boastful elegance. Although , the sex still creeps me out though. On weekends when my parents were out for the night or when they left on a mid-week vacation , they definitely took advantage of the situation. And each time they'd forget I was even home.