Chapter 26 : (Guilty) Pleasures

I danced around the defenders, juggling the ball with my feet. I was trying to create the equaliser in this match, as we were down a goal to none.

I dodged the last defender with ease as she charged at me, I dummied a pass before slipping past her. It was one on one, me vs the keeper.

It was simple from here, aim for the right side of the goal, and shoot for the left. Allow my body language to confuse the keeper's subconscious, and make the shot.

I launched the ball in full force, perfectly perfecting my trickshot.

There was a brief moment of silence as the rest of the players waited in anticipation.

The ball met the back of the net.

I was given high fives by my team mates, all of them shouting praises as I ran back to centre field.

Sophie gave me a pat on the back as we took our positions back in the centre, the other team taking the ball.

I glanced at the other two forwards in the centre, the one stared directly at me, a smirk grazed her features.

This had been going on for the entire game. Eye sex. Obnoxious eye sex.

I shot her a cocky grin, tilting my head to the side as I awaited the kick off. Her eyes never left mine as she tapped the ball with her foot to the other centre, who immediately passed it back to her.

She took a run straight at me, our eyes still connected as she attempted dribbling the ball past me. I took the ball off of her easily, kicking it to our right wing who took it further upfield.

I smirked at her, that had been a blatant giveaway. She simply winked at me, before running upfield.

I think it's pretty clear where this is going.

-

I scored my second goal, the winning goal, grinning to myself as my teammates tackled me to the ground.

The other teams centre, despite their loss, was standing with her arms crossed over her chest, smiling right at me.

It had been a fair challenge, but we came out on top. It was definitely a great start to the tournament, a little confidence and positivity was never a downside, guaranteed it was in small doses.

Now though, the only real celebration I planned on doing was the blonde centre a few metres away from me.

I wasn't disappointed.

"Well played." She smirked, walking up to our team dog-pile.

I struggled to my feet while my teammates continued their cries of victory around me.

I shrugged.

"It was a good game. It was anyone's game, actually. Both teams were good."

"No, our team was good. You were the rabbit in the hat."

I laughed, shaking my head.

"One person can't win a game."

"Apparently that's debatable. So, what are you doing after this?"

"That's debatable, too. But it depends."
"On what?"

"On what you're doing after this."

-

I just managed to yank open my dorm room door before I completely lost my shirt. The blonde centre's, who's name was something along the lines of Santana or Sasha, lips' hadn't left mine.