Chapter 11

Because of my suspension I couldn't go back to school for another two+ weeks , which suited me fine. I didn't shake the protests from Carmen though , who argued she didn't mind walking to school because she wanted me to rest. But , can't have my girl walking to school now can I? So woke up early and drove her to school , careful not to be seen by any of the prefects.

"Must I ask your brother for a lift home?" She asked as she stuck her head through the window.

"No , I'll come get you."

"Are you sure? Cos' I really don't mind-"

"I'll be here , Carmen." I said firmly , pulling my shades down to give her a serious look.

"Okay." She sighed , walking around to the drives side to give me a brief kiss on the lips.

"I'll see you later then?" I nodded , turning the keys in the ignition.

She gave me a small wave over her shoulder as she began walking up the steps , being greeted by numerous girls who she was friends with.

As I got home I was greeted by Francis , our butler. She'd been seriously ill for the past few months , so she had been unable to clean our house. Well , all hell awaits her now , because our house was anything but clean. I wasn't exactly the housewife type and I was pretty sure Ash hadn't held a dishcloth in his life. I barely knew how to cook , and let's not even begin on my brother. Although I had taken cooking classes in fourth grade , that hadn't exactly been a rousing success. Whenever I'm forced to cook I always got grossed out if I had to cut something mushy. That was the one and only time my feminine side came out.

"Hello dear!" I heard someone call from behind me. I froze immediately as I recognized the voice. My mother was home.

"Aren't you going to greet your mom?" She asked , as she walked up beside me. To be honest , I didn't really know what to say.

"Hi." I shrugged , pouring myself another shotglass of Whiskey.

She rolled her eyes. "Ugh , Kimberly , I've told you before not to drink in front of me. And if you are , at least have some sense. You don't have Whiskey in shots."

"Sorry." I muttered , downing the alcohol as it's warmth trickled down my throat.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school , young lady?" She questioned , taking the Whiskey bottle from me to chase it with some coke in a whiskey glass.

"I guess." I shrugged again , before taking the Whiskey bottle back from her and pouring another shot.

As she sipped her drink she studied me from the corner of her eye, sitting on the barstool next to me.

"So , I was thinking of taking you and your brother out to dinner tonight."

"No! I mean... I don't know..."

She cocksed her head , a disappointed and hurt expression settled on her face.

I groaned. "It's just , Ash's girlfriend is staying over and so is my... uh... partner."

"Wonderful! They can come too! We'll make it an extended family dinner then." She said , excitement was clear in her voice , she got up quickly and went upstairs. Probably before I had the chance to protest.

I grumbled softly , tilting my head back as I swallowed the contents in the small glass. Fuck , I was going to need it.

-

I got into my car at exactly 2:15pm , wanting to be on time to pick Carmen up. It only took me 5 minutes to get there , considering I diced basically all the robots on the drive there. So I still had ten minutes to kill before school ended. I was careful to park in a more secluded area of the parking lot , out of the prefects sight. Most of the students recognised my car , I mean , who wouldn't? But without a doubt the prefects would notice that I was here and report me to Mr. Bennett because I was on school property when I wasn't allowed within one hundred meters of the school itself. I knew this crappy procedure all too well , considering this wasn't my first time being suspended.