Chapter 28 : Aftermath 2/2

"Kimberley, just get out of the fucking van."

I rolled my eyes as Sophie stood by my opened window, her arms folded across her chest and an annoyed look settled across her features.

"No" I whined. "My ankle hurts too much."

"Oh, bullshit, Kim. You were up and down on that fucking ankle after we won, and even offered to help some of the girls who needed their bags carried out! Jesus, you fucking turned down the medics when they wanted to bandage your foot up!"

I huffed, leaning back into my seat.

"Look, the whole school is waiting to welcome back their champion team, yet you refuse to even get out the fucking van!"

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I muttered under my breath. Casey would be there, too, and I wasn't ready to face facts just yet. I was so terrified. Because I knew that I had to go make things right, but how the hell could I?

"Kimberley! For Christ sakes just get out of the fuck-"

I slammed the window shut and shot Sophie a death glare.

"Alright, fuck! I'm getting out!"

I swung my backpack over my shoulder, and got out of the van. Our bags had already been unloaded, so Sophie and I loaded it into the boot of my Camero which had been parked in the reserved student covered parking since we'd left to go on tour.

"Alright, come on, we're gonna be late."

She grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the main hall, where the rest of the team was waiting and getting changed back into our first team home uniforms.

We all stood around chatting for a while, until our coach came out and handed us back our medals.

Our coach handed the trophy back to me with a wink, and gave us the go ahead to enter.

We all walked in slowly, I was at the back holding the trophy, and limping behind the rest of the girls as we were ushered to a backdoor leading onto the stage.

"And now, boys and girls, fresh from their NGSC tour win, please welcome - Carter high's girl soccer first team champions!"

We all made our way on stage, with me right at the back, the trophy still in my hands. The captain's armband fit snugly around my arm, and it felt good to have it back on.

Like I'd made a real accomplishment.

The second I raised the trophy over my head, the rest of the school broke out into a loud cheer.

We all huddled up, and decided on singing the school song.

The rest of the team put me in the middle, and the trophy at my feet before we put our arms around each other shoulders and began belting out the school song.

-

Casey's POV

The second I saw her walk on the stage, my stomach dropped and I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of her.

She was limping, and she looked exhausted.

I got this weird sensation in my stomach, and I glanced down to place my hands over it.

I felt nauseas just looking at her, and horrible for what I had done.

I felt instantly worried about Kimberley. The tournament obviously took it's toll on her, and her ankle seemed to be in bad shape.