chapter nineteen

Neymar

January 17, 22

  The flight was booked for January 25. 8 days away. It was five o'clock, and I was deciding what to eat for dinner.

  "I'm not a very good cook, but I can make a mean mac and cheese," I shrugged. Morgan was on the phone with me. She was doing about nothing, occasionally Sierra would go in her room and they would say something to each other in English, but it was too distorted so I couldn't hear. 

  "Then make yourself mac and cheese, I don't know what else to say," she laughed. On her end of the line, I heard the door open. I walked over to the cupboard to get the box to heat up in the microwave. 

  "Hurry up and get ready, we have to be in Manhattan at noon!" Sierra exclaimed. I didn't really understand the second part of the sentence she said, but I knew that Morgan was to be getting ready. I heard Morgan sigh as I walked back over to the counter and stove.

  "Do you want me to call you later so you can get ready?" I asked, pulling a pot out of a cupboard. I noticed a fuzzy on my sweatpants so I pulled it off. "No," she hummed. "I can get ready on the phone," she stood up and took her phone with her. 

  While my mac and cheese was cooking and while she was getting ready, we talked about her dad. She's still concerned about him, which, I would be too, but I've never had to deal with that. I didn't really know what to say that would make her feel better.

  "He said I was like my mom," she said. I raised my eyebrows in confusion. "Que?" She shrugged. "I don't know. He said that before they got married she tried to get him to move to New York with her so she could pursue modeling," she frowned. The situation was somewhat similar, but I didn't understand, because she wasn't trying to get him to move to New York. 

  "Was there maybe something else to the story that he didn't say?" I shrugged, realizing that my mac and cheese was about to boil over. I quickly removed the pot from the burner and once it returned to normal I put it back. 

  "Probably, or maybe he was really mad and wanted me to feel bad, but either way, it does, and it made me mad, too," she sighed. I could understand where she was coming from. 

  I didn't really talk about it much, because I really didn't have anyone to talk to about it, but my dad was a hypocrite. He's my manager, so we talk on the phone quite often, but sometimes he's a bit much. I don't really understand why, though. It's something I'd like to know.

  I nodded my head in response to Morgan. "That makes sense, I'm sorry he did that," I said. I didn't really want to talk badly about her dad, it wasn't my place, the only thing I had ever said was that I agreed with Morgan; he was overreacting. Of course, I didn't know the situation, but I felt bad for her, her dad ran away from her for following her dreams. That wasn't right.

  "It's okay," she shrugged. "I hope I hear from him soon. Christian said he's talking to him, but hasn't said a word about me," she opened a door and I saw the ceiling of her bedroom. I looked at the clock, it was 5:20. "Shouldn't you be leaving soon?" I asked, not sure if I was reminding her or myself. 

  She glanced at a clock and looked back to me. She shook her head. "You don't want to be late to sign your contract, they'd think bad of you. Plus, isn't traffic in Manhattan terrible?" She gave me a death stare, and I shut up. She obviously didn't want to go, so I dropped the subject.

  The timer for my mac and cheese went off, so I took it off the burner and carried it over to my sink. "Shouldn't you have like, a personal chef or something? You're rich," Morgan asked. I laughed. "I don't use my money like that," I shrugged. I knew what I did use my money on, but I wasn't telling her, not yet, at least.

  "Shouldn't you have like, a personal driver? You're rich, too," I asked, mocking her tone. She had told me about the rude Uber driver at 2 in the morning the night she moved in. "I don't use my money like that, either," she mocked my tone. I strained my noodles and returned it to the pot to add the milk and cheese in. Another thing we have in common.

  I laughed. "Okay, well, get going, you're gonna be late," I said, and she hung up the phone. I texted her.

  Call me later?

 --

  At 9, I got a call from Morgan. While I was waiting for her to be done in Manhattan, I texted with Leo. I beat him in iMessage games a countless amount of times, and each time he said I was cheating. Sore loser, much.

  "Hey, how'd it go?" I asked once I answered the phone. It was a normal call, so I couldn't see where she was at. "It was good, nothing much happened," she said. I heard Sierra say, "come on man, you need to learn how to speak better English, because this cannot always be happening," she said in a sarcastic tone. In the best English I could use, I said," You need to learn Portuguese," and Morgan erupted in laughter. I could tell her laugh from anyone's.

  "It seems so hard though, you're talking like a million miles an hour," she said. I didn't understand what she said very well, so I just replied with "Umm.." and Morgan told me what she was talking about. "No, we don't," I said in English.

  "Anyways, I'm all set for February 19th, but I have nothing to do until then," she sighed. I thought it would be the perfect time to tell her, but I didn't want Sierra to be there. "Uhm, Morgan, are you home?" I heard Sierra sigh and I didn't know whether to laugh or roll my eyes. 

  I walked over to my bed and laid down on it. "Yeah, why?" She said. "Facetime me," I said, and she hung up. A few seconds later I got a Facetime call from her and immediately accepted it. I could see her face, and Sierra wasn't in view. 

  I thought I'd tell her anyway, just because Sierra wouldn't be able to understand what I was saying. I wanted her to know first. "Can I tell you something?" I said once I accepted the call. She nodded.

  "I got you something," I said, leaving her on edge. She squinted her eyes at me. "I hope you don't mind, because with everything going on, I understand if you want to reschedule," I said, clarifying. She looked confused. "I got you plane tickets to Paris," I said, a smile on my face. Morgan raised her eyebrows in shock, and I couldn't tell if she was excited or not.

  "What'd he say?" Sierra said. 

^^^ author's notes:

i'm sorry i didn't upload at all in the past 24 hours, but i hope these next few chapters make up for it. 

do you guys like this storyline?

also pls vote, happy 2023

- 𝗸𝗮𝘆𝗹𝗮