chapter fifty-one

Oh my

I apologize in advance. This is a lot 

Neymar

February 3, 22

  Avoiding any other comments, Morgan and I made our way upstairs. Correction, I avoided any comments, and followed her upstairs to her bedroom. I closed the door and turned around to see her sitting down. 

  Her lips curved in to a smile, and she patted the area next to her, indicating she wanted me to sit down. I walked over, mentally preparing myself for whatever she was going to say.

  Everything with Morgan had been a complete mess lately, honestly. There's been this situation with Ronaldo, her brother, and I still know there's things she's hiding. So it was an understatement to say I was anxious for whatever she was going to say.

  I sat down next to Morgan on the bed with my feet hanging down the bottom. I turned to face her, and immediately I noticed her smile had faded. I pursed my lips. "What do you want to talk about?" I sniffled, mentally noting to take medicine for my cold a little later. 

  Morgan ran a hand along her face, and when she was done her face turned back to mine and she made eye contact with me. "What?" I almost laughed when she smiled a little bit. "You're cute," she shrugged, looking up and down at me.

  I blinked. "So, what do you want to talk about?" I disregarded her comment because I wanted her to spit out whatever she was going to say. It was obvious she was stalling. 

  Morgan inched closer to me, slowly. Her knee ran up against my thigh, as her legs were crossed over each other, not hanging down like mine were. 

  Our faces were also closer, and almost immediately I noted that she was breathing heavily. "When the time comes and I have to leave," she paused, taking a deep breath. I closed my eyes. I thought the next words coming out of her mouth would be, "I want to stop talking." But, I was much more surprised when I heard what she actually had to say.

  "I want you to come back with me," she said hesitantly, which made me open my eyes. "Like, move with you?" I said in the same tone that my face expressed. I knew I couldn't do that, she must know that too, right?

  "No," she shook her head violently, giggling a little. I looked at her with my eyes wide. "Then what?" I rested my hands on my lap. "Let me finish, please?" Morgan asked, to which I nodded, closing my mouth.

  "Just for a while. Like, a week? I don't know," she paused for a minute, shrugging. "I looked at your schedule, and I know you'll miss training, but you don't have another match, for what, like two weeks?" I nodded my head, not really sure where this was going.

  "Okay, but, why? Why don't you just stay here longer?" I asked, and when I said it, her face went cold. I looked at her seriously, not sure what was going on in her mind. "Morgan, what's going on?" I almost stood up, not sure whether it was out of frustration or anger. My tone was a little more agitated now, and I knew she realized. 

  "I need to tell you something, and I don't want you to get upset," she said softly, staring me dead in the eye. "Okay," I replied, taking a deep breath. There were a million thoughts running through my head. 

  Morgan sighed audibly, and I felt like doing the same. "My contract with Victoria's Secret doesn't go into effect until the end of the month," she said in a monotone voice. I shrugged. "Okay.." I trailed off, not really sure where she was going with this. 

  "Even though it's not until the end of the month, I'm not actually starting for Victoria's Secret until April," she blinked once, which I noticed, because she had been doing none of that at all recently. 

  I decided not to say anything and let her finish explaining. She waited for me. "Continue," I said, realizing she was waiting for me to acknowledge her. 

  She bit her lip. "That's because I'm having a heart transplant in two weeks," Morgan said, closing her eyes harshly. I scrunched my eyebrows and blinked. She's having a what? "You're having a what?" 

  She opened her eyes, staring at me with a sad look. "Yeah," she managed to force out a laugh. That's so messed up. First of all, why is she having a heart transplant? Don't people like die from those? Secondly, why is she just telling me? Most importantly, how does she manage to laugh through all of this?

  My mouth hung open as I was completely at a loss for words. "Why?" I choked out, not sure if I was sad, angry, or both. She pursed her lips, tears forming in her eyes. She took a deep breath, and then started speaking. "Last January, I was diagnosed with a disease called GCM. It's short for Giant Cell Myocarditis. It's something with my heart, when the doctor explained it, I was doing anything but listening to him."

  She took a deep breath, and I let her continue while I listened to what she had to say. "In a lot of cases, it's fatal, but mine was caught early enough that they let me off with medication and I got on the waiting list for a heart," she held eye contact with me while I was attempting to take all of this in, however I was failing.

  "That sounds weird to say," she laughed a little bit, and I stared at her blankly. "Two days before I left to come here, they called me and said they found me a heart, after a year of constant fatigue and inability to be active," she said, a little more hopefully.

  "I didn't tell anyone that they found me a heart, because it meant leaving New York, and I never really found the right time I guess," she shrugged. "I told my brother over the phone the night before he showed up here, and so that's what set him off. And then, I told Sierra. She said you deserved getting beat up because it meant putting off my transplant, but in reality, that's not what it was at all." 

  I closed my eyes and pursed my lips, which caused Morgan to stop, but after a minute she spoke again. "And the prescription wasn't from my nightmares at all. Yeah, they happen, but for the most part I left them in LA with me. After you called the doctor, I called them back on my phone, and I told them everything. It was staged. The medication I got was for my heart, I forgot to pack an extra bottle."

  I opened my eyes again. That was a lot to take in. 

  I didn't know what to say. I was angry, mad, upset, sad, disappointed, every negative emotion there was to feel, I was feeling it. I also felt scared. Scared for Morgan. For her life, for God's sake!

  "Are you gonna die?" I choked out after a minute, looking at her sadly. I barely even realized I was crying. Morgan started to cry, too.

  I found myself wrapping my arms around her, and embracing her. She hugged me back after a minute. "I hope not," she said softly. 

^^^ author's note

i'm scared to publish this. y'all hate me, i know it, but let me please say i've waited so long to finally publish this info i've had stored in my mind. without saying too much, i want to say that this isn't going to end completely horribly. on that note pls forgive me. let's get to 1,000 votes ?!