chapter fifty-four

Morgan

February 4, 22

  As soon as I got out of the shower, I went downstairs to find Nadine and Neymar on the couch together. "How cute!" I exclaimed, seeing them sitting together watching TV. I walked down the last step then approached them. They had both turned their heads at the sound of my voice.

  "Where's everyone else?" I asked, looking around. Rafaella and Neymar Sr. weren't in sight. "Rafa's still asleep, if you were looking for her," Neymar smiled up at me. I leaned on the back of the couch and looked down at him. Neymar must have known that I had been getting close to Rafaella yesterday, we had spent a lot of time together.

  "Well, I guess you're not the only one in the family that likes to sleep late," I said, turning to Nadine. "Good morning!" I looked at her, flashing a smile. Her lips curved in to a smile and she spoke. "Good morning to you, too, Morgan," she turned her head back to the TV. 

  "Would you like something to eat?" Neymar said, standing up now. My eyes followed him as he stood up. "Sure, still got that cereal?" I asked, referring to the cereal I had been eating for the past few days. 

  Back at home in New York, Sierra had been eating all of the cereal so I barely got dibs on it. It reminded me; I hadn't talked to her for a while. With the time zones I guess it was hard, but I still needed to tell her Neymar's coming back to New York with me. 

  "Yes, I still have that cereal," Neymar chuckled, approaching me before walking over to the kitchen. "Don't eat too much, I'll be cooking lunch at two!" Nadine yelled from the couch once we had made it about halfway to the kitchen.

  I sat down at the island, waiting for Neymar to get the good cereal. He reached up to the cabinet and pulled it out. I found myself giggling. "What?" He turned to me, setting the cereal box down on the counter beside him before he reached back up to close it. "You're short," I laughed, watching as he stood on the tips of his toes to close it. 

  "Girl, you're like 165 cm, don't even with me," he replied in a sassy tone. I crossed my arms. "Did you just 'girl' me?! And, for your information, 5'5 is like the average height for American women, thank you," I replied defensively. He turned to me and blinked, visibly disgusted I was using American measurements instead of centimeters like he had been doing. He picked up the cereal box and walked up to me.

  "So? 165 is still shorter than 175, " he replied in a know-it-all tone. I pursed my lips, and watched as he walked back over to the refrigerator to get the milk. "And 175 is like above average in Brazil, so don't even start," he added, still in a defensive tone. 

  "Okay, okay, fine!" I raised my arms as he turned to look at me, stopping in his tracks. "Four inches is not a big difference," I found myself saying to him as he turned to face me again. He rolled his eyes and turned around again, still walking to the refrigerator. "Do you want me to get you stuff to make you cereal or not?" He asked. 

  Before I could reply, I heard footsteps behind me, and I turned around to see Rafaella walking in to the kitchen. She looked sleepy, so I could tell Nadine was right about her still being asleep when I came down.

  "Morning," I said, my eyes following her as she sat down at the island next to me. "Morning. What's the plan for today?" She said, and I could tell it was sort of directed at Neymar. He closed the fridge and approached the two of us. 

  "Morgan and I are going sightseeing, you can ride along, or make lunch with mom," he waggled his eyebrows at the second option. "Sightseeing sounds fun!" She said, turning to me. "Is that okay with you, or do you want some quality time with your boyfriend?" She raised her eyebrows dramatically.

  I turned to face Neymar, who had both of his palms on the counter, leaning on it from across the other side. "No, you can tag along, maybe then he can keep it in his pants," I said, getting revenge on him for his snarky comments before. It was an utter joke, but Neymar still took if offensively. "Morgan!" He blinked in response to my joke. 

  Rafaella and I laughed. "Kay, no cereal for you," he picked up the cereal box and the milk all at once and carried it over to the counter near the refrigerator, not bothering to put it back. Rafaella was still laughing, but I wasn't, considering I had just been starved.

  "Kay, no blowjob for you,"  I replied casually, even though my response in no way was 'casual'. Neymar threw his head back and groaned. "Morgan, my sister is like right there!" He turned to face me, pointing to Rafaella. "And?" I shrugged, turning to face her. 

  She was still giggling her ass off. "I don't want to be here," I heard her snort out, as she had her head covered by her hands. Neymar walked over to us and leaned on the counter in the same position as before. "You killed my sister, Morgan."

  I turned from Rafaella back to Neymar. "Sorry, I didn't mean to do that," I breathed, still listening to Rafaella laughing. "You go, girl," I heard her spit out. "Thanks! See, she likes my bad jokes," I tilted my head to her, still looking at Neymar. He rolled his eyes.

  "Okay, well, my mom could've heard you, too, she's like right there," he turned his voice in to a softer tone to make sure his mom couldn't hear. "You're just dramatic," I said with emphasis on dramatic. "I won't make any more dirty jokes if you just give me my cerealll, please??" I pouted, realizing I was actually starting to feel hungry.

  "Fine," he muttered, walking over to the counter on the other side of the kitchen for like the third time.