chapter fifty-seven

Morgan

February 4, 22

  We got back to the car a little earlier than we had expected. We had to cut our Louvre trip short after Neymar got super pissed that random people were following us through the museum in attempt to get pictures or autographs or whatever they wanted. I was also pretty sure that at one point security kicked a few obsessed teenage fangirls out. No surprise there, either.

  I closed the door to the car. I had made a compromise with Rafaella that she could sit in the front on the way back. I waited for Neymar to start the car, and pulled up a map to find the closest Starbucks. "Let's go to Starbucks. I'll pay for everyone!" I smiled, and to which they both looked back at me. "Say less, free Starbucks," Rafaella shrugged, turning back to the front. 

  "Where is it?" Neymar asked, still looking at me. I squinted. "How do you not know the location of the closest Starbucks to your house?" I asked, actually wondering how. Back at home, the first thing I did was Google all of the locations closest to me in New York. I had every location in California memorized by now.

  I gave Neymar my phone, showing him the location. It was about five miles away from here, on the other side of town. Neymar took my phone, and squinted. "Miles? Seriously? Does this think not have kilometers?" He said in an annoying tone. I blinked. "Well, there's that, or you can use your phone, if you want."

  He sniffled. "No, it's fine. If I'm going to be spending a few weeks in America, I'll need it anyw-" He stopped, cutting himself off. He looked over at Rafaella. Shit.

  "You're spending a few weeks in America? When?" She asked, facing Neymar. I swallowed. I saw them staring at each other. "Um, when you go back to Brazil, Morgan asked me to come over for a week or so to uhm," he stuttered, and I could tell he wasn't sure what to say. "To uhm, see her apartment, and I said sure, but I offered to stay longer because I uhm, I want a little break from football."

  Rafaella blinked. "To see her apartment?" She looked back at me for a second. I was biting my nail. She turned back to Neymar. "Yeah!" I could see his face light up, which was obviously a cover-up. "That's cool, can I come?" Rafaella asked, turning to me. Her question took me by surprise.

  I continued to bite my nail. "I'm not sure that's a good idea," I said softly, trying to come up with an excuse. I wasn't ready to tell her yet about my situation, it took me almost a month after I started talking to Neymar to tell him.

  "Why not?" She scrunched her nose, turning back to Neymar. I could see him squint. "Well, Morgan sort of wants us to stay quiet, and her roommate doesn't even know I'm coming yet, so I think it's just best if she gets to calm down a little bit before anyone else comes to see her," Neymar shrugged, turning to look at me. He made sure Rafaella wasn't watching him, and he winked at me. 

  It was a simple gesture, but it made me feel like fainting. I had never seen Neymar wink before, from memory. That was a moment to remember. I shook it off, replaying the moment in my mind.

  Neymar turned back to Rafaella. She had a disappointed look on her face. "Okay, sometime I want to come, though. New York is my comfort city," she sighed.

author's note;

um. hey! 

so, it's been a while.. this chapter is really short but it's what i had and i decided after like a month and a half to just upload what i had. 

if you're still following this; wow, props to you.. 

love ya!