chapter thirty-one

i have an important announcement at the end of the chapter!!!

Morgan

January 29, 22

  I called Neymar, and immediately he answered. I assumed he was probably waiting for me to call. "I'm ready to come home," I smiled, but this time, it was genuine. "Okay, I'll leave now, where are you?" He asked. I looked around. I had no clue. "Eiffel Tower?" I questioned, not really sure what to say. 

  "Okay," he laughed a little at my response. "I'll be there in fifteen," he said, and I could hear the door open on the other end of the line. I presumed he was leaving the house. "Ok," I said, hanging up the call. 

  While I waited, I thought about what Mariana said. I had completely trauma dumped on her, which was totally uncalled for. I felt bad, but she promised me that she was fine with it and she actually gave me good advice.

  She said that I should tell Neymar everything that happened with Brian. At first, I was skeptical, but all-in-all, once she explained it, I felt a lot better about confessing to him.

  I was reading an article on my phone when Neymar pulled up at the park. There were a bunch of other cars, but I could recognize the engine on his. I stood up and looked around for it, finally spotting it. I walked over, dodging some other people walking in a rush.

  I made it to his car and got in the passenger's side. "Hey," he smiled, driving off. I buckled my seatbelt. "Hey," I smiled, looking at him. He looked attractive when he was driving. So concentrated. He was maneuvering through the busy parking lot. 

  "How was it?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the road. He picked up his left arm and put his elbow on the windowsill. "How was what?" I asked him confused, now looking out the window. "I don't know, your morning," he shrugged when I turned back to look at him.

  "It was good," I smiled. I wasn't going to mention anything to him until after we got back.

  The drive back was silent, just like right after he picked me up from the airport. It was a comfortable silence. 

  When he pulled up to the house, I was the first to get out. I didn't wait for him, but I walked up to the door. I knew there was a little bit of tension between us. I didn't know if he noticed it or not. I was hoping today would change that and there wouldn't be anymore tension.

  I stood at the door waiting for Neymar to come unlock it. I basically lived here for two weeks, but I didn't have keys. That really shows how much he trusts me.

  He walked up to the door slowly. I was on my phone while I was waiting for him. It was almost noon. Without a word, Neymar unlocked the door and went in. I followed him, and shut the door behind me. I slipped off my shoes and walked in to the living room. I had thought about getting a drink when passing through the kitchen, but I didn't.

  I was on my phone a few minutes later when Neymar came and sat down by the couch, setting down a glass cup on the end table beside me. "Thank you," I said, picking it up and taking a drink of it. He sat down next to me, and I put my phone away. I scooted closer to him and put my head on his shoulder. 

  "Are you okay?" He asked softly adjusting his position on the couch. I looked up at him. "Can I tell you something?" He blinked and nodded. "It's kind of a long story," I started, and he interrupted. "I don't mind. I have time," he took a drink of his drink and wrapped an arm around me.

  I told him everything. All the way from me meeting Brian and our relationship, to the nightmares about my mom. I could guarantee it had been almost thirty minutes when I was done talking. My throat was dry, I was grateful that Neymar gave me a drink. I was constantly drinking out of it.

  At one point, I started crying. Neymar didn't say anything, he just rubbed his hand on my arm and leaned his head on mine. I could tell he was listening very closely. When I was finished talking, it took him a second to say something.

  "Thank you for telling me," he started, still rubbing my arm. I just muttered an, "mmhm," and waited for him to keep talking. (i just saw noah's tiktok video... what!!?!? continue..) "I don't really know what to say," he said softly, pausing. I didn't really expect him to say much. "You don't need to say anything," I assured him, tracing patterns on his chest. "I don't expect you to, I just wanted to tell you," I exhaled with tears still in my eyes.

  "No, I want to say something, I just can't think of the words," he whispered, tilting his head to the side. He stopped rubbing my arm. He was thinking. 

-- 

  I had fallen asleep. Neymar didn't say anything for a while, so I guess I just dozed off. I had another nightmare, which was the reason I woke up. I guess with my mind being on it, it just happened. 

  I jolted awake, feeling my forehead which was heavily sweating. Neymar was under me, still asleep. I sat up quickly, trying not to wake him up. Outside, it was getting dark out. I went to the bathroom that was located near the living room to get air and cool myself off. I leaned on the counter where the sink was, and took deep breaths.

  The clock on the wall said it was 4:24. I was asleep for almost four hours. I was still trying to calm down when Neymar knocked on the door. "Morgan?" He asked. Deja vu. "I'm coming out," I said, out of breath. 

  I opened the door and Neymar was standing right outside. Through his cuts and bruises, he still looked tired. "Are you okay?" He raised his eyebrows once seeing me. "I'm fine, I had another nightmare," I sighed, walking over to the kitchen. He followed me.

  "I'm sorry," he said softly when we got to the island. I leaned on it. Before I could say anything, Neymar hugged me. Neymar gave good hugs.

  "Have you talked to a doctor about them? I think they can give you medicine or something," he said once I pulled away from the hug. "No, I haven't," I said, looking at him. "I didn't know you could get medicine for them?" I sat down, and Neymar sat down next to me. 

  "Yeah, at least here you can, it's over-the-counter though, so you'd have to go to an actual doctor before getting it prescribed," he shrugged and looked at me sympathetically. His eyes had so much emotion. I thought about it. "Yeah, I'll try," I looked at him. "Thank you," I muttered.

  "Do you want me to make you an appointment? I can go with you," he smiled, standing up. "Yeah," I watched him walk over to the couch to get his phone.

^^^ important author's notes:

i've been working on another neymar book! it's going to be a lot shorter than this one, though. i'm still nowhere near done with this book but i wanted something else to work on while i don't want to continuously update this twice, three times daily. 

i have the first chapter written, do you want me to release it tomorrow or wait until i have more chapters written?

i also plan on a sequel for this; after this is over, obviously :)