chapter twenty-six

Morgan

January 26, 22

  I sat down on the couch next to Neymar. We were on different cushions, so we weren't necessarily close or anything. He was looking at his phone, but looked up when I sat down. "Can we talk now?" I said, breaking the silence.

  After the whole situation at the Louvre earlier, we've both been kind of on edge. We walked around for another hour or so, but the both of us were tense. We didn't even have to tell each other, it was just kind of a mutual feeling. We decided that we'd talk after things settled down a little bit, so here we were at 7 pm, about to talk. It was dark out, and I had my pajamas on. 

  I had already gotten a rant from my dad. He called me at four and we were on the phone for an hour. I tried to calm him down, and, I hated to admit it, but I think he calmed me down a little bit too. I didn't know who all called Neymar about it, I hadn't asked. Anyway, after that, Neymar and I ordered a pizza. I got in the bath tub to relax a little bit, and then, here we were.

  It wasn't awkward with either of us, to be honest. The rest of the day was normal, we didn't mention anything that had happened earlier in the day, and I was fine with that. I didn't really want to talk about it before I knew what I was going to say. 

  "Yeah," he said, putting his phone down. I grabbed the tea I had set down on the end table earlier. I picked it up and took a drink of it. Neymar watched me. After I put the tea down on the table, I started talking. 

  "When I kissed you this morning, I didn't know what I was thinking," I looked at him, and bit my lip. He raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Do you regret it?" He simply asked. I looked at the floor. No, I didn't. "No," I said simply. I looked back up at him. He almost smiled. "I don't either," he shrugged. We both smiled.

  "I think it was stupid of me, though," I pointed out, putting my elbow on the arm of the couch and turning my body to face him. "If I could've done it at a different time, I would have, because, well, than that wouldn't have happened," I shrugged, looking at him. He blinked. "That was completely my fault," he said sympathetically, now turning his body to face mine. 

  "It doesn't really matter whose fault it is, because it's already happened," I darted my eyes around the room awkwardly. I didn't like serious talks like this. "You can't change the past," I added, fixating my eyes on him again. He moved a little bit to get more comfortable. 

  "Morgan, I really like you," he commented, changing the subject. I raised one eyebrow. "I can't even fathom you going back to New York, I know we've barely had any time together, but I already feel like I've known you my entire life," he smiled. I smiled a little bit too, but I didn't know what to say. He kept talking.

  "To be honest, I really want to be in a relationship with you," he said and pursed his lips. I looked at him curiously. I did, too, but it couldn't happen like this, when we lived on different sides of the world. "I just," he paused and squinted his eyes, trying to find the right words to say. His eyes scanned the room. 

  "I don't really know what else to say," he turned his eyes back to me, and let out a nervous laugh. "I completely agree with you," I sighed, pausing. "I do, too, but can we just," I exhaled and shrugged. "Can we just, have fun, do whatever, and talk about it again in two weeks?" I asked, looking at him sympathetically. He nodded.

  "Just please, please don't go hooking up with some random French men," he groaned, darting his head back. I laughed. "I promise," I said sarcastically. Even though my tone was sarcastic, I never planned on hooking up with some French man. 

  "And can you promise me to not hook up with some French woman?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. He looked at me and shrugged. "It's not like we're not going to be spending two entire weeks together, so you don't have to worry about me," he got up off the couch. I did the same. I liked the fact we'd be spending two entire weeks together.

-- 

January 27, 22

Morgan

  When I woke up in the morning, Neymar was sleeping next to me. Neither of us were touching the other, though. I was surprised at first, I didn't remember what happened. I sat up, and my eyes widened, still surprised. I threw my pillow at him, as an instinct. He jolted awake. 

  "And what the hell are you doing in my room?" I whisper-yelled. He sat up in my bed and rubbed his eyes, moving the pillow off of him. "This is my house!" He whisper-yelled back in his morning voice. "That's not the point!" I said, now in a normal voice. I got out of my bed quickly, and blinked at him. "The point is you're in my bed and I don't know why! Did you rape me?" I almost yelled, jokingly. He rolled his eyes and got out of bed. 

  "Yes, I raped you, now you're pregnant with twins," he walked over to me. I turned to him and scrunched my nose. "That's not funny, you can't joke about that," I rolled my eyes, holding back a laugh. He stood a few feet from me and crossed his arms. "I'm going to shower now that you woke me up," he turned back around and opened the door.

  Before I could say anything, he left and closed it on his way out. I sat back down and put my hand on my forehead. I still didn't have any answers from him. 

  After I showered, just like yesterday, I walked downstairs and Neymar was on his phone. I was in sweats, he didn't tell me to dress up to go anywhere. "Where are we going today?" I said, halfway down the stairs. He turned his head, probably a little surprised to see me down here earlier than yesterday. 

  "Nowhere," he smiled, and looked at me. I approached the couch, and sat down next to him. Compared to yesterday, we were much closer. "What do you mean nowhere?" I scrunched my nose in confusion. 

  "I don't feel like going anywhere today," he shrugged. "After what happened yesterday people in public will be staring at us," he pursed his lips. I nodded. "Speaking of, I was going to post something on Twitter addressing it. Is that okay?" He added. I bit my lip and nodded. He went back to looking at his phone. I got on mine, too. 

  I was scrolling through TikTok for about five minutes when Neymar shoved his phone in my face. I jolted my head back in surprise, but then took his phone, reading the Tweet before he posted it. 

  Morgan and I want to address the situation that erupted yesterday. We don't want to specify anything about our relationship at the time. When we are ready, we will open up, but for now please let us be and mind your own business. Thank you

  "Good?" He raised his eyebrows once I gave him his phone back. I just nodded. It would suffice.

^^^ author's notes:

for the pure fact that tomorrow is actually january fourth 2023 or maybe it already is for some people but i wanted to do something special. however, my mind is drawing a blank, and therefore, i am asking for requests on what y'all want tomorrow 

don't forget to vote :)