Chapter 17: Another "Normal" Day

Third Person POV

It's been a few weeks since the battle against Loki, and it was pretty tame for the supernatural people. Everyone was relaxing back at their homes, some were sore and couldn't move for days. Others were fine from one night's rest and went through their summer homework.

In the case of Devil May Cry, they were always on the grind. After the first week of getting Fenrir all situated, they wasted no time finding part-time jobs and hunting demons to make bank. Out of all of them, Arthur was successful in getting a job as a sous chef at Western Restaurant Nekoya. The blonde swordsman talked about how on Saturdays, the restaurant would serve people from another world.

The whole team became curious about meeting more people from other worlds, possibly more so ever since they met Pyrrha and discovered the multiverse's existence. After some discussion and planning, as well as permission from the owner, DMC decided on a group lunch on Saturday.

Once the day arrived, the five members made their way towards Arthur's workplace. After finding their destination, (Y/N) pulled out the spare key Arthur gave him, and unlocked the door. A soft ringing of a bell accompanied them, as they entered along with a cute voice welcoming them.

???: Welcome!

What awaited them was not the nice decor, but the customers seated inside. Elves, beastmen, dwarves, some dressed from medieval times, sat around happily eating their food with large smiles. Two waitresses were serving the customers. One, who greeted them, was a blonde girl with jade-colored eyes and goat horns in a black and white maid outfit.

 One, who greeted them, was a blonde girl with jade-colored eyes and goat horns in a black and white maid outfit

The other is a raven-haired "elf" in an all-black maid attire with an everlasting poker face.

???: Oh, are you all together?

(Y/N): Yes, we are. Are there any open seats for all of us to sit together, miss?

???: My name is Aletta. There might be some open seats over here.

Aletta led the group of five to the empty tables near the left side and sat them down. Le Fay and Bikou sat across from each other, with Kuroka on Le Fay's right, and Pyrrha on Bikou's left. (Y/N) had to move a table to connect with the others, and sit on Kuroka's right. The team was silent as they momentarily observed the other customers, still processing that other fantasy people were traveling to their world.