Chapter 9: Devil/Excalibur Hunters

Third Person POV

A tense atmosphere surround the home of Devil May Cry. The origin lies in the living room where part of the ORC and DMC sat. (Y/N) sat on the couch parallel to the television with Kuroka on his right, Pyrrha on his left, and Le Fay on his lap. Rias had to pull a circular chair from near the television and sat across from the draconic cambion. Arthur and Bikou sat on the chairs on tue cambion's left, while Asia and his rival occupied the couch to his right.

Team DMC was quite surprised to see their leader/lover invite over his rival for dinner, but was happy to see Asia once more. Once (Y/N) explained the situation, they understood well. Dinner was eventfull as well. It arranged from a cheeful conversation between the sisters of cuteness, a heated glaring contest with Kuroka and Pyrrha against Rias again, and a calm chat between the three gents of DMC, while distracting Issei from his perverted staring. Once done, they were lead to the living room where he explained what happened and it lead to this current moment.

(Y/N): With that out of the way, Rias, would you be so kind to start explaining his problem?

Rias: Of course. Yuuto was part of the Holy Sword project, an attempt by the church to create artificial holy sword wielders. However, the project was deemed a failure and all the childsubjects were to be terminated. Yuuto is the sole survivor of that horrid project.

Le Fay, Asia, and Pyrrha had their hands over their mouths with eyes wide of shock. Issei recoiled at the revelation of the pretty boy's past. Bikouhad his head in his hands, his joyous smile faded into a grimace. Arthur had his right hand gripping the chair hard while cupping his chin with the left in deep thought. Kuroka's ears and tails drooped in sadness, remembering the pain she had to endure in the past. (Y/N)'s eyes hardened as he wrapped an arm around both Pyrrha and Kuroka for comfort, while they hugged both him and Le Fay. Asia decided to speak up in a weak voice.

Asia: I-im-impossible. Something like that wouldn't be allowed, it's just not possible.

Rias: When I found Yuuto, he was freezing and on the verge of death. His eyes looked so cold and empty of life. When I turned him into my servant, I was hoping he would forget about his past and move on for a better life. However, he's gone back to his roots, avenging his fallen friends by destroying the Excaliburs that he loaths.

The depressing story brought in a loud silence. All of them, except for Rias, were soaking in what they heard. Issei and Asia couldn't believe that a kind hearted person had to endure a high amount of pain, physically and emotionally. The Devil May Cry team felt sympathy for their younger, or older in Le Fay's case, foster brother. Also, the team and Issei were thinking on how to prevent him from killing himself and helping him to find closure. Luckily, Rias broke the solemn silence.

Rias: That's enough of that. Issei, Asia, I think you two should head home now. We have school tomorrow.

Looking at the time, it was indeed getting late. Issei and Asia grabbed their stuff, the oervert bidding goodnight to Rias, while Asia hugged Le Fay and bidding goodnight to everyone and left. Following their lead, DMC and Rias bid goodnight to each other, and went to their respective rooms. Sleeping was difficult with the fresh information in everyone's minds, but they put it off for the night.

Next morning

Waking up, everyone decided not to mention anything last night and continued on like they normally do. Almost normal, Kuroka and Pyrrha glared at Rias, dressed up in her uniform and enjoying the pancakes and bacon served by Arthur. Once finished, both Rias and (Y/N)'headed out, but not before the draconic cambion gave a kiss to his two lovers, while Rias watched in envy. Walking to school, the hieress clung onto (Y/N)'s left arm and never let go. Once on school grounds, they drew immense attention to themselves and got interesting responses.