03. dottore's office.

tw ; sexual harassment

tw ; sexual harassment. implied sexual assault. this is your near year's presents - two updates in one day.

after the screaming of last night, you couldn't rest. you've always had issues with sleeping in the chamber you were forced to reside in, but tonight was ... worse, somehow. it could be due to the screams from collei or dottore's yelling, but you couldn't force yourself to sleep. every night, you would force yourself to sleep, for the sake of blocking everything out at night. 

you never actually knew what time it was. there were no windows to the outside world in the chamber. the only windows were on the doors of all of the chambers ; unless there were some in the room, for whatever reason. you had always thought the place was underground, due to the lack of natural lighting, but maybe that was a stupid idea. 

you could just as easily be above ground in a building without any windows. you couldn't recall how you ended up here. you remembered how they stripped you from your home, of course, but you don't recall the ride here. maybe if you could've remembered al the twists and turns, maybe you'd be able to deduct whether if you were underground or not. 

after a few moments of useless thinking to yourself, you heard your chamber's door slide open. at first you thought it was zander and that he was sneaking in to see you - or to drop by another book for you. he did promise to give you another by the time the month was over - not like you'd know when it would be. there was no way to keep a track of time in this place, beyond the morning shots. 

but the voice you heard, didn't belong to zander. or zandice. it was dottore's. 

  "ah, 067? are you awake?" he asked.

  "awake."

  "wonderful. come with me, i'm sure your body's still strong enough to take a walk."

it wasn't. your body had grown tired, weak even, from the previous experiment. it could be due to what zandice had said, couldn't it? about how your wounds had already recovered? perhaps that's what had made your body so exhausted. or the fact that you couldn't sleep, despite desperately needing to. 

  "too weak." 

  "hm? your body's too weak to carry yourself, 067? would you like some assistance?" dottore asked as he took a few steps closer to your body on the ground. he was holding a small candle in one of his hands, probably to avoid having to turn your chamber's lights on. through the candle's flames, you could see a small smile appear under his large mask. 

his mask was weird. it was something like a masquerade mask, only ... not for a masquerade. it also was something like a ... what was it? a plague doctor?

 ".. yes." 

 "alright," he sighed as he took his one spare hand and offered it to you. it was strange, he's never been this way with you before. all of the times he offered to help you out, he never offered his own hand. he would just simply lift you up by your shoulders or have one of the caregivers pick you up and carry you.