08. collei..

tw ; gore, child experimentation / child harm

dottore had taken you back to your chamber after the two of you made a deal. he would supply you with blood and in exchange, you would help his experiment with the small child. apparently, he had "observed enough of your condition" and you weren't needed in that way for him anymore.

he had told you that he didn't need you for experimentation purposes, but he never said anything about not needing you anymore generally. your heart would've shattered if he said that he didn't need you anymore. you weren't ... in love with him, by any means, you just enjoyed the attention he gave you. you were fond of how he'd treat you like you were the only special patient here.

despite him saying that you could be of use to him, you couldn't help but to think about what could possibly happen to you if he decided you were no longer of use to him. would he sell you to the highest bidder? kill you like how he threatened zandice? would he kick you out and leave you to fend for yourself in the harsh wilderness?

... could you even survive on your own? your body had been pumped with countless numerous amounts of drugs and steroids. your limbs were still weak, however they were slightly stronger due to your consumption of blood. you had zero survival skills, minus what you knew of herding animals and skinning them.

though, most of that knowledge was lost on you. you had spent months without using a single of those skills, and over time, you could hardly remember them. you were sure that you could guess how to do it, if presented with the chance, but you weren't too certain.

your hands glided over one of the books dottore had left you earlier. you were cautious enough to avoid the one featuring the organs inside of it. in fact, you were cautious enough that you hid said book under your mattress, which was ... rough. your mattress wasn't anything too comfortable, and it was hard to sleep on, but you're appreciative that you even were gifted one instead of that cot.

you wanted to read one of the books. though, the selected options were between "Dracula ; Bram Stoker" and "Carmilla ; Sheridan Le Fanu". from what you knew, they both were books featuring vampires, though they included a ... high array of vocabulary. you highly doubted that you knew enough english words, or remembered them, to read the two.

you were only aware of dracula due to your mother. she had owned a copy of it when you were young and you recalled drawing a little fanged smiley face in the back of it the first time you read through it completely.

the sound of rolling wheels echoed throughout the hall outside of your chamber. there were muffled cries coming from out in the hall and it piqued your interest. you wanted to go and see what all the noise was coming from, but you didn't have to.

your chamber's door opened, revealing zandice in the frame. you could tell it was zandice, rather than dottore, due to him having shorter hair and a smaller frame. he was just slightly shorter than dottore, yet still taller than you.