09. dottore.

dottore reached deeply into one of the back cabinets, retrieving a small bag of blood. the bag was filled to the brim with the red liquid and he tossed it towards you.

you were taken back for a small moment at the sudden toss of blood into your arms. you managed to catch the bag, however. the bag of red liquid was cold to touch and the more you pressed on it with your fingers, the more the liquid moved. it made small swish sounds as it moved and it annoyed you. the sound of the blood moving in the bag was an irritating sound, but you couldn't help but dismiss it. 

you held the plastic bag up to your lips and sank your teeth into it. you didn't bother asking dottore to cut open the bag as you had a feeling that your teeth would be enough. which they were. the moment they made contact with the plastic bag, blood poured into your mouth. sweet, tasty blood. 

the taste overwhelmed your tastebuds the longer it rested upon your tongue. you savored each and every drop of the cool liquid, craving more. no matter how much blood dottore had given to you, it was never enough to satisfy your urges. you needed more, craved more. 

  "my sweet darling, i have a small question for you," dottore began to speak as he rubbed his hand over the girl's wound. the blood stuck onto the tips of his fingers as he moved it over the open wound. for no reason besides boredom, dottore pressed his finger into the girl's muscle, causing more blood to flow. 

your eyes were glued onto the sight. you let out a small "hmm" in response to dottore announcing he has a question for you, as you were preoccupied with drinking the blood gifted to you. you couldn't but watch as dottore stuck his gloved finger into the girl's muscle. he even twisted it around a few times, with a few "squish" and other odd sounds. 

 "zander had touched you, correct?" was the first question he asked you. of course, he had to have known the answer by now, especially after having ... yelled at zandice for it. you remember that argument well, or well, you remember the segment you had overheard.

  "mhm," you let out as you finished drinking the blood bag. the bag crumbled up in your fingers as you tossed it to the side. some of the blood leaked from your teeth, dragging onto your lips.

dottore had moved closer towards you and lifted your chin up with his thumb. he practically forced you to look up at his face, despite over half of it being hidden behind a mask. he had revealed his appearance to you once before, so you weren't all too sure as to why he wasn't just taking it off so you could see his eyes again. 

his thumb pressed against your lips and he wiped away the blood from your lips, "i'll see to it that he's dealt with, then, my darling. allow for me to take you back to your chamber, we're done here." 

dottore sat behind his wooden desk after he had helped you go to your chamber

dottore sat behind his wooden desk after he had helped you go to your chamber. his legs were crossed over one another as eyes remained glued on the paperwork before him. he left collei, the girl you sliced, in the experimentation room, since he was more than aware of the fact that he'll just be bothering her again tomorrow morning. 

the words on the paper were about your species, vampires, as well as your old case file. after the ... incidents regarding zander and you, he had to reread all of your old files and view what had been affected by the trauma - you were too dense to realize you had. he noticed how your behavior was usually noted as "energetic" and "happier" whenever zander was your provider, but from how zander used to categorize and write his other patient's behavior, dottore had his doubts about the sincerity of it all. 

for example, with kunikuzushi, zander would always note how "fragile" his ego was and how "unresponsive" he was. however, when dottore would go to experiment on him- to validate his "god hood"- he was anything but. or with one of his other subjects, 045, whom died in a coma from a horrible reaction to a dosage, zander stated that 045 died on the hour of 13:05. yet, when dottore went to inspect the body, slicing it up as one does, the body had clearly been dead for days. 

045 was a stain on dottore's record. his co-workers always would mention him about how he died under his "care." it's not as if he truly cared that 045 died, he only cared for his reputation. pierro had ruled that dottore could no longer use the liquids that he did with 045, due to the death of someone the tsaritsa bought. apparently, it was "disgraceful" to allow for someone that the queen bought to die.

nevertheless, zander needed to go. the trauma that he had inflicted onto you was prominent. it showed whenever dottore would switch from the "pet names" to your number, which is all you were to him. a number. you were a number on his record, a new species for him to experiment with as the tsaritsa had bought you just like with 045. dottore never truly cared for you.

the pet name experiment was just that. an experiment. zander had skewered with his genuine research and experimentation with you, as he wanted to know more about vampires and how they could be useful to him ... and the tsaritsa. useful to her too. not just him. and now, he just had to improvise in a way to gather the data. the traditional way was ruined for him, due to his loose end, zander. 

a sigh escaped his lips as he forcefully brought his hands down onto his table. he shifted his weight onto his hands as he stood himself up quickly. his leather chair moved back, making loud screeching sounds, as he did so. he was going to see to it that his loose end was dealt with. personally.