Chapter 1: Hunger

Warning!: swears, threats, mentions of Ghosts, murder, blood, death, mentions of inappropriate stuff, mentions of child abandonment, hints of mention cannibalism.

__________________________________

'I'm hungry...' (M/c) Hopkins thought, 'School's over in 32 minutes.... What should I get on my way home?...' they hummed to themselves.

"It says here that roses are related to cherries, raspberries, strawberries, and peaches!" Jake Nell says out loud, "So! I was right!"

The two were one of the only kids in class, there were only three kids still in here and the teacher was on her phone, not caring.

"Hm... berries...." (M/c) stared out the window, it was nice outside, but very hot.

Jake frowned and drops his book, "Are you even listening to me right now?" He snapped his fingers in front of (M/c)'s face and they blinked out of their daydream.

"Sorry, just.... Feel super weird right now... my stomach feels.... Empty..." they touch their stomach.

"That's a weird way in saying you're hungry." Jake says, "Do you have anything to eat?" (M/c) asked hopeful, they leaned against the window.

"Nope, now will you listen to me?" Jake picks his books up again, "I will, don't mind me." (M/c) yawned.

30 minutes later.....

(M/c) walked to their locker and opened it, that's when a red card fell out.

It was small and had a strange symbol on the back. They looked around to see if anyone was looking at them before reading what was on the card.

It was a phone number.

(M/c)'s heart raced, 'It could be a prank or some weirdo.' They put it in their pocket and walked outside the school.

The sun hits them and they felt like they were melting under its hot blaze.

(M/c) quickly runs to the bus stop and gets on it, feeling the uncomfortable sweaty air that was full of passengers.

They sat down and pulls out their phone, (M/c) thinks of the number that someone gave them...

'Maybe it was a mistake...' They type the number in.

The phone rang for a few seconds before the other end picks up, "Uh! H-hello!" (M/c) nervously greeted in a small voice.

"To find the secrets of Urban Lane, you need to check underground, a place full of secrets and pain-"

The line ended.... The other voice sounded like an ai, to which surprised (M/c).

'What does that mean? Underground? There aren't any secrets to Urban Lane.... except the forest maybe...' To be honest, this town was pretty boring and hateful.

You'd be lucky to find a friend if you're an outcast here.

(M/c) stopped by a city and went into a convenience store, greeting the teenager running the place.

They looked around and got cold water.

(M/c) scans through the options and reaches for a new item to try, they look up and screamed, cutting themselves off with their hands.

"O-Officer Keith! I didn't see you there!" (M/c) smiled nervously, they stood up straight.

Officer Keith was a strict and scary man...he was in his early forties and even worse, he was the father of a girl that liked to pick on (M/c).