Chapter 17: More like human

Warning: swears, child abuse, child neglect, blood, gore, main character eats a large amount of food, lore.
__________________________________

(M/c) tried to move their body, but they felt as if they were a ghost, shrinking inside of their body that felt far from reach.

"Did.... It work?" (M/c) tried to speak, there was an echo in their voice.
"What is this place? Emory? Are you here?!" They started running in the endless void.

Eventually they stopped, knowing that it was taking them nowhere.

With a deep sigh, (M/c) relaxed and started itching their neck.
"Emory? Are you okay?" They asked.

A little.... We need to eat, we're starving.

"I know.... What is this place?" (M/c) looked up, the sky was endless as well....

It's a resting place, usually happens when you're asleep.... Hey look a button.

In the darkness, a red button was presented in front of them.
A spotlight appears, waiting for (M/c) to press it.

(M/c) pushed the button with their palm and suddenly the lights came on, they were in a large room with a big table.
Various foods were placed carefully on a red table cover.

Cannon balls shoots out red confetti and two children jumped out from under the table.

"Welcome back your highness!" The two children both cried out.

The both were identical, wearing traditional Japanese clothing.
The two had short hair, one with white hair and the other with black hair.

The two run over, hugging (M/c) by the waist.
They had to be at least ten years old....

"Uh-... hi? What- What is happening?" They awkwardly head pats the two children.
"You told us to keep the house clean because you'll be gone for a while!" The white haired says.

"And we kept it clean!" The one with black hair finished.
The two dragged (M/c) over to the table, one pulled the seat out and sat them down.

In their head, (M/c) could hear Emory chuckling.
"Uh, who are you kids? Why are you in my uh..... head? Sleep?" They asked.

The two children still had their small smile on their faces.
"My name is Tick." The one with white hair was the girl.
"My name is Tock." The one with black hair was a boy.

"Tick and Tock huh...." (M/c) laughs a little.

Tock gestures to the food, wanting (M/c) to eat.

Their stomach growls, their mouth salivates and they lifted the piece of bread to their lips.

(M/c)'s pupils dilated, they started eating with an insatiable hunger, picking out other food to eat.
They were a little embarrassed for eating like an animal in front of two children that were not blinking as much as a normal person should.

After a few minutes, (M/c) slowed down their eating to talk to the two children.

"Why are you two here? I thought this was a resting place... I assumed I'd be the only one here..."

Tick and Tock showed no expression except the same smile.
"We are a present from your great job of taking care of every universe." Tick says.

"So Time rewarded you with two spirits of the day and night." Tock finished.
(M/c) didn't know if what they were saying was true or not.... But (M/c) did recognize Tick... she was the one that gave them the 'missed you' note...

"Eat as much as you like, you won't get a chance to when you wake up." Tock pushed a bowl of cut up fruits towards (M/c)....
How lovely.....