Chapter 15: Hugs

Warning: Swears, blood, gore, guns, knives, surprised how little warnings there are.
__________________________________

There's only so much humiliation a person can take, and for Chris, getting arrested for murder was just a drop in the water.

He was more embarrassed about the face that (M/c) was the one that did his dirty work, and a better job at that.

Chris just slept it all off, feeling bad like most mornings.
The worst part of it, was opening his eyes.

Usually he had nightmares of Nina, the scars on his back stung a little more.
The darkness made him see her, the creaks of the house had resembled her sinister giggles.
Sometimes... he can feel her staring at him...

"Chris?" (M/c) knocked on his door.

Chris opened his eyes, sitting up in a cold sweat. "You okay? It's past training time...." (M/c) says softly.

"I'm fine!" Chris takes his shirt off, now he had to shower from sweating.
"Just..... go ahead and start." He takes a deep breath.

Sometimes Chris thinks of what would life be like if Nina was a normal girl. Would (M/c) be a part of the family still?
Uncle Eugene was lonely then.... Would Nina like (M/c)?.... How different would Chris and (M/c)'s relationship be?

__________________________________

"So yeah, Chris is out of jail now but he won't show me his mugshot." (M/c) says on the phone.

"My life sucks now." Jake replies.

"It doesn't suck your Dad just cares about you." (M/c) says.
"He won't let me out anymore unless Nora comes with and he's off work for like, one week and won't stop bothering me." Jake complains.

"Come on dude, he's your Dad, he's supposed to do this. This is like, normal?" (M/c) yawned.

"Did you even sleep last night?" Jake asked, "Not really.... I can't really talk about it over the phone but yeah.... Last night was something...." They were sitting at their desk, writing down what they should do so far.

"Good thing he didn't find out about me being a hunter." Jake sighed.
"You still haven't told him? Dude you have suicide missions and you're not gonna tell him?" (M/c) questions.

"If I tell him I'll never find out how to fix me!" Jake replies, "Right. Right.... The Demons curse...." (M/c) sighed.

Jake heard his front door knock, but no one answered it. "Hold on, I'll call you later. Someone just knocked on our door." He says then hangs up.

(M/c) set their phone down, looking over what they have so far.

Find out if Creepypasta's can really be defeated

That's it.... They sighed and rubbed their eyes.

"I'm completely lost..." They groaned.
About what?
"Well.... I've had this thought for a while and I think I should've addressed it when it happened." (M/c) started.

"When I.... Reset.... Does that get rid of everyone's memories? Because I recall when I confronted Chris about hunters.... He seemed confused but... very expected... like he knew.... And Jess said she had a dream about that night I was attacked."

Tell me, do you feel different now than you did before that last day of school?

"I guess.... And that's another thing! Some things are off in the time... like David coming to my house even though he didn't before...." (M/c) remembers.