1. La Famile

"Dad!"

My step dad stepped up grinning. He held two babies up for me to see. "Say hello to your half sister and brother!"

"Half sister and brother or not, they are family. Oh my God! Can I hold one of them?!"

My step dad handed me my half brother. I stared down at him. He was so small! I couldn't help crying a little bit. He was too beautiful! I could see his little fist reaching out to me.

"Hi little bro," I said gently. He made a little cute noise. I sighed. "You will be a troublemaker!"

"And she will be a heartbreaker," my step dad said of my half sister. I went over to make cute eyes at her.

"I love them!" I told my step dad. "Thank you for making me a big sister!"

He grinned. "My, my, aren't you excited!"

He placed both kids back in their cots before escorting me out. I laughed at his excitement. My step dad had never had kids before... I was his first. He did a pretty good job bringing me up.

Now, he had been blessed with twins! I knew how happy he was. I would be a big sister, and him, a dad.

"I swear... I love everything about this month. Your soon to be album launch, your single, and now... your siblings! We are now one big happy family!"

I hugged him, and we made our way up to see my mum who was waking up. She looked beautiful, her skin aglow with happiness.

"Baby!" She called when she saw me. I rushed to her and hugged her, forgetting all about what had happened earlier this month. I had been afraid I would not make it to the birth of my siblings. Mum had a false alarm, and I kept praying to God that the kids would be born at nine months.

God answered my prayers. Here I was now, talking to my mum, and step dad, and musing on baby names.

"We really should have a good name for those babies!"

"I agree that Jacob is a wonderful name."

"I like Ed more!"

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

"Let's call the girl Emma."

We bantered back and forth and in the end, still didn't have a name. My dad and mum were both exhausted, mum from pushing, and dad from getting his hands almost broken during the birthing.

I smiled as I watched them, wishing that some day, I'd be that happy too. With Siva holding me close and watching me hold my baby... or babies as he cooed at them. I shut my eyes at this thought.

Siva was halfway across the world, touring in Asia. I was missing him more and more everyday he was away. We kept in touch but it was not the same. When I missed him, I'd look down at the silver ring he gave me and smile. It had a small stone the shape of a teddy bear. He must have planned the simple proposal early.

I wasn't getting married yet, but it was in the pipeline.

I did not wear the ring outside of the house. Simon told me to start after three months. Siva and I could see each other in public. Until then, though, we were under wraps.

He had asked me to tell him when the kids were born. I guess I forgot because I was excited, then exhausted. I fell asleep while sitting on a chair, legs propped up on my mum's bed.

*&*&*&*&

"Wake up!"

I sighed. "Lemme sleep."