12. Hearst On The Line: 2

Dancing.

Hard.

Laughing.

Crazily.

Austin Mahone, Tori and I sitting on a couch infront of Lopez. We were laughing so hard at Tori who was being questioned about her proposal to my friend.

"So, you are actually getting married?!"

"Yes," she replied, smiling. "However, before that, I'll be with my girlie and Austin!"

"Hey! I can't be your girlie?" he asked in fake anger.

"No, but you can be our boyie!"

The audience was in stitches and we found ourselves laughing too. Did I tell you that Tori was a born comedian? Yes, she was hilarious and it was her secret power-spreading happy tears, giggles and laughter anywhere she went.

Austin, Tori and I got on stage, eventually, to sing the song. It was titled 'Heart' and when we were writing it, Austin had writer's block. It required a deeper insight into love and for him... let's just say he was not sure if he was in love like that.

Those were his words, don't blame me.

Hearts out
glass, plastic, stone or muscle.
Hearts up
Brave, courageous, scared or alone.
Don't give up, baby don't give up.
I'll stay with you and keep you warm.
I'll give you my heart.
You can have my heart.

Tori was a genius at messing around with the words we wrote. She helped make the musicality flow. Just so you know, she's been writing since she was a kid. She never learned how to play an instrument though.

"Oh My God!" Lopez said at the end of our performance. "That song spoke to me! Oh My God!"

The song would be available on his new album, as a single, and on iTunes.

With that success under our belts, we knew we were well on our way into the American market to stay. I was excited at that possibility, seeing as the American music industry had so many more perks. If your music made it big in America, you were on your way to being a global sensation.

People in America always thought that if they made it in Britain though, you were well on your way to dominate the charts. As thus, they always made sure their songs were released on iTunes America and Britain first.

For me, I wanted my music to give the younger generation hope. I know, I was such a One Tree Hill fan, but with people like Brooke and Rachel, versus Hailey and Peyton, how could you not see how they yearned for more?

I knew how it felt. That unsettled feeling that you could never get rid off. I found a way to keep alive, and that was by listening to music from people like Kelly Clarkson, Demi Lovato, Nick Lachey, some Selena (the one who was murdered), Madonna, Celine Dion... so many people from the 90's, 80's and 70's. I was lucky to have a mum like mine. She loved music so much. She had to stop singing though. She only did it on the side to get me through school.

That is why I did not want to make music for money. I did it to reach out to people out there. The money came as a product of my passion.

*&*&*&*&

"The tour is 'Hearst On The Line' folks. Tickets are already up for sale! I know that it is only within Britain for now, but surely, you should plan an American leg of the tour! You have fans here!"

I looked at Austin in shock. "Wait... do you want to see me play in America?"

"Why not?"

I looked at Hailey who shrugged her shoulders. She was on the phone with Simon.