32

Sab

"Mommy?"

"Oh, Sab!"

"Are you going somewhere, Mommy?"

"I'll visit Ian, he had a bad time yesterday."

"What happened?"

"He felt very ill after his dialysis so he got confined."

I nodded. I was waiting for Mommy to ask me to come but she never did. So I just went to Myelle instead.

"Wow, so hindi ka na galit sa lahat ng nakakaisip na 'hero' si Ian?"

I rolled my eyes at Myelle!

"Nagugutom ako."

Myelle chuckled.

"Have you talked to Mommy?"

"No, she's busy with Ian."

"She was just too kind and thankful."

I kept silent and continuously checked the menu.

"Kunwari na lang talaga hindi mo pa saulado yang menu ko, at kunwari hindi ko alam na favorite mo ang lasagna , blueberry muffin at peach iced tea. Stop browsing the menu! You can't find answers in there."

I put the menu down.

"So what did you decide on?"

"Meron na ba dapat agad?"

"Ediba galing ka na kila Kaia?"

"Pag galing kila Kaia dapat may desisyon na? Di ba pwedeng nagpause lang ako for awhile?"

Myelle took a seat in front of me.

"Did you talk with Andrew?"

I nod.

"How is he with what's going on to you?"

"He's supportive."

"Supportive?"

"Yeah, he actually wanted me to take a rest and he's willing to postpone the wedding."

"Alam mo, alam ko naman na mabait si Andrew, but I don't think this is the best way of showing love."

"Anong not the best way?"

"Is he not even bothered that you go back to Ian?"

"He said he is more concern about me not being miserable."

"Is it still love that comes with romance or love that comes after care?"

I looked at Myelle.

"Wait my husband is here, let's ask him."

Myella called her husband.

"Daddy, I will ask you about situations that you need to answer truthfully, okay?"

Adam nodded.

"If for example, I have a husband before you---"

"I will snatch you at all costs!"

"Adam! Sandali kasi! Tapusin mo muna ako."

"Okay okay, sorry sorry!"

"For example, I have a husband before you, and I have already a daughter with him. How---"

"Is the question what will I do if I am the guys in Sab's life?"

Myelle rolled her eyes, desisyon talaga tong si Adam eh, but that's exactly what we wanted to ask.

"If I am Ian, ahmmn, no ain't gonna be that guy. Mama, masyado kitang mahal para pakawalan. Kahit maging sakit lang ako ng ulo mo, kahit ayaw mo na sa akin, ipipilit ko and sarili ko sayo! Gagawing kong passport ang mga bata para di mo ako iwanan."