10.

total words 961

total words❢ 961

"kuniiiii!"

we both heard someone exclaim.

we turned to see mona, running full speed towards scaramouche.

and then,

she wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

he stiffened up, not hugging back, and instead giving me a "help me" look.

"hey, we were in the middle of a conversation." i uttered, crossing my arms and giving her the biggest death stare.

scaramouche managed to push her off.

"oh," mona responded, also giving me a dirty look, "sorry, who are you?"

"y/n." i said confidently.

the train arrived while the atmosphere became tense.

"what's your zodiac?"

i got taken aback by that question, "you don't need to know. the train's here."

i gave scaramouche a sorry look, and rushed inside of the train, finding a seat for two people.

it was around the back of the train, so it would take a while for anyone to find me.

i immediately put my head down on the table and buried my face into my arms.

playing:: friends — chase atlantic

girl, tell me what you're doing on the other side

and tell, just tell me what you're doing with that other guy

i heard someone sit opposite me on the other seat, but i didn't look up.

i couldn't care less who was sitting there.

"y/n," said a familiar voice, "you can continue now."

oh. nevermind. i do care.

i glanced at the person opposite me who was scaramouche.

"i managed to escape her by saying i had to use the bathroom. you didn't have to come so far, you know."

i sighed with relief.

"sorry," i muttered, "i just got- well, it's not like me. but i got jealous. because you and mona are best friends. it's okay for you to be angry. i just really hate it when she's always up your ass, you know."

i saw no reaction except a grin.

"i knew you cared about me."

i avoided his lingering gaze by looking out of the train window.

"don't get used to it, shortass," i groaned, "pick me's like mona just annoy me that's all."

he stayed silent for a while.

"what are you listening to?" he questioned.

i smiled softly, "your playlist."

"oh. it's good, isn't it?"

"yeah. but can i ask you something."

"oh, you're always asking me something. alright, go on." he chuckled.

i fiddled with my phone nervously, "what is your playlist name? like, what does kuni mean. i also heard mona call you it."

his grin faded, and he broke eye contact.

"kuni is short for kunikuzushi. it's a nickname i used to be called by my mother, but we have complications now. only xiao called me kuni, because he's my real best friend. not mona."

he cringed, "i honestly have no idea how she even found out about that nickname. and she keeps calling me her best friend. i don't know how to stop it. don't you see how she's always touching me?"

i felt so bad for scaramouche.

but he would definitely make fun of me if i said i'd be there for him.

even though it's the truth.

"i'm sorry for getting jealous. do you ever ask why i get that way? it's because- actually. forget it."

"you're cute," scara smiled, he said it with no hesitation.

"what." i answered. speechless.

"i mean, you're cute when you're jealous. honestly, i didn't expect you to be the jealous type. especially since we act like we're enemies. am i right?"

i hummed, "i'm surprised you didn't call me some rude word like bitch or something. and instead you called me cute."

"why, do you like being called cute by me? oh, you little pervert." he teased, which made me angry. angry in a playful way.

"what. no. don't get too full of yourself." i snapped, "you're forgetting that to me, you're nothing but a dumb idiot. that happens to have the same music taste as me."

scara seemed to be focused on me. so i focused myself on him too.

his indigo, strange haircut that suited him.

his impeccable taste in clothes. it really made him stand out.

the marks on his skin.

i scanned every imperfection he had. all those imperfections made him perfect in my eyes.

"you done staring?" his eyes sparkled in the morning light.

"you're staring too, dumbass." i replied, continuing to admire his figure.

his gaze sharpened, "i'll only look away when you do."

what the fuck why is he so goddamn hot.

i can't keep eye contact

after some thinking, i finally broke eye contact. he never gave up.

he seemed disappointed, "aw. you lost the staring contest. how sad."

i rolled my eyes, "ok and?"

"oh. i was being nice for once. now your hitting me with attitude. thanks idiot."

you're welcome 😊

"but, don't forget moron," he started, in which i directed my attention to him, "we're still enemies."

i winked at him.

'You are now at: xxxxxxxx'

"let's go." i said, grabbing his arm and running for the exit.

a/n.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

also tomorrow (january 5) is my birthday so i wont be uploading a lot this week 😭😭😭 im sorry