18.

total words 641

it was around 5 in the morning

me, venti, childe, signora, hu tao, kazuha, xiao, faruzan and zhongli were waiting at the station.

we had everyone, except one person.

scaramouche.

"i hope both sides of your pillow are warn tonight," childe spit out, a smirk on his face.

venti gasped, "flippity flop, you're a COCK."

childe also gasped in an excessively dramatic way, "you dislocated MUPPET."

"you're DISCOMBOBULATED."

"you look like my LEFT BALL SACK."

"YOU SQUIGGLY DIGGLY UGLY FUGLY MUSTY DUSTY CRUSTY RUSTY GINGER BREAD RIP OFF 50% off CLOSING SALE ED SHEERAN."

i was laughing at the two's weird insults. rip off 50% closing sale ed sheeran.

all of a sudden, i felt arms slither around my waist, and a familiar scent of a certain boy.

"good morning, moron." my favourite purple-haired boy, i turned around and hugged him properly.

everyone just watched silently.

"okay. first of all, what the fuck. are you dating? number two, why am i jealous." childe said, jaw dropping.

he whispered something in my ear: "are you comfortable with telling them?"

i nodded, and scaramouche explained everything.

childe wiped an invisible tear, "WAA i wish i had a girlfriend. or boyfriend."

he rotated towards xiao, "hey babygirl." the ginger-head blew a kiss towards xiao and xiao just moved away from him, hiding behind zhongli.

"captain rizztraining order." hu tao joked.

"can i hold your hand?" i whispered nervously.

i didn't really know what to do? we always insult each other and pretend to argue, and now we're... this. i'm not complaining, i'm just not used to it.

scara took my hand and placed it in mine, fingers entwined.

"i don't fall in love with people very often," he started, brushing hair out of my face, "i just can't believe it was you. out of everyone, you just had to steal my heart. that's very rude, you know, to steal?"

"i'd hate to interrupt in your conversations, but the train arrived. it's best we get going," kazuha informed. he always knew how to say things in the most polite way. his gentle demeanour really stood out.

he's a lot like sucrose, but less... timid? i suppose.

i ran along the train station, still holding scara's hand, taking my luggage with me.

"slow down, we aren't going to be late, stupid." he said breathlessly, clinging onto his luggage and my hand for dear life.

"you did this to me before, so i will return the favour." i hushed, still speeding towards the train, the rest of the friendgroup trying to catch up.

after boarding the train, i found some 6 seated tables, perfect for us.

one table had me, scara, xiao, kazuha, venti and childe. the other had zhongli, faruzan,  and hu tao, signora.

scara, of course, sat beside me.

he rotated towards me, "if you want to sleep on my shoulder, feel free. just don't drool all over me."

my head snapped towards him, jaw dropping, "i drool when i sleep?"

"no, no, i was just joking silly." he grinned, "even if you did, do you think i'd love you any less? no. exactly."

a blush crept up on my face, and i put my headphones on, "let's listen to your playlist together. shareplay."

he smiled, putting on his headphones "at least we both know my playlist is better."

i side-eyed him.

"are you joking? nah. mine's better, but yours..." i struggled to find words to explain, "okay. for now we can say yours is better."

"i knew it!" he exclaimed, putting on a song.

now playing:: R U MINE? — arctic   monkeys

"i'm obsessed with this one," scaramouche told me, he put his hand in mine.

"i thought the journey was going to be boring, but now that you're here, i know it's going to be a fun one."