16.

total words 804

"who do you think you are?" the indigo-haired boy thundered, his piercing eyes fixated on the long-haired individual in front of him

it was the end of the school day, and there was a circle around scara and mona, who were currently arguing.

signora and childe came running to my side. after them came the entire friend group, taking out their phones and recording the situation.

there was a lot of chattering, but it all stopped once miss zodiac bitch started speaking again.

"what do you mean, babe?" she whined, "something wrong, my love??"

"babe? MY LOVE?? IS THERE A DENT IN YOUR HEAD? ARE YOU ACTUALLY FUCKING STUPID?" he screamed, everyone could feel his anger.

i could see the veins on his face.

mona tried to kiss him, but he slapped her and pushed her out of the way.

"don't deceive anyone about us being in a relationship ever again. i don't give a flying fuck about you, or your pathetic little lies." he snapped, walking towards me and taking my arm and running.

we fled the scene with haste, i almost tripped a few times but i was able to keep my balance.

i was incredibly confused, and i tried to stop, "where are we going? idiot you can't just cause a scene and drag me along to flee!"

"well i just did, and plus, i don't want to be seen with mona for a second longer." he snapped stubbornly, still pulling me along to the train station.

after a few minutes of running, i was already tired, and i couldn't sprint anymore.

"you tired?" he teased, "aww. how cute."

i side-eyed him, "it's not my fault that you run like a killer's chasing us."

"whatever, come here," he demanded, "get on my back, i'll just carry you there."

i took a few steps back, "huh?"

"you said you're tired? i'll take you there then. moron." he insisted, so i jumped onto his back as his hands supported my legs.

i wrapped my arms around his neck gently and he started speeding towards the station.

my life flashed before my eyes.

i swear to god if this dod drops me.

"we're here," he noticed, "you can stop shoving your face into my shoulder now."

i lifted my head, heating up quickly.

that was not intentional.

"sorry. not my fault you were running at 100 mph." i breathed heavily, he lowered me off his back, and we made our way into the station.

he grinned, "come on. i did you a favour. can i at least get a thank you?"

i rolled my eyes, "thanks."

SCARA POV

we luckily found a table to sit at on the train, we both plopped down.

there were two people sitting at one side so  i had to sit next to y/n.

"what time are you going to meet everyone tomorrow?" i questioned, her e/c eyes gazing into mine.

"what do you mean?"

"tomorrow is the flight to liyue. what time are we meeting?"

she probably almost forgot about lantern rite. so much has been happening recently..

"5am i'm pretty sure." she yawned, her weary eyes redirecting to the outside of the train.

i also looked outside of the window to see a beautiful sight.

fields of flowers, and a pastel coloured sky.

at this moment, i felt so comfortable.

it confused me...

why does my stomach churn whenever i'm around you, y/n?

you make me feel a way nobody has ever made me feel before.

i'm probably just imagining things...

"y/n, let's just admit it, we both know that we don't hate each other." i said. i jumped as i felt something thud onto my shoulder.

i snapped my head around to see y/n, peacefully sleeping on my shoulder.

oh.

oh my archons.

though she seemed to be fast asleep, she was literally in a very uncomfortable position.

"pfft. this idiot." i smiled to myself, stroking through her soft hair, "this awfully cute idiot..."

PING!

TeyChat:: new messages from itsjustxi40

XIAO
@itsjustxi40

itsjustxi40
i'm confident that
mona will leave you
be now.

notsc4ra
fucking finally.

i was so angry. she had
the audacity to lie to
everyone that we were
in a relationship.

itsjustxi40
hm.

i would have done
way more, i'm
surprised you didn't

since you always resort
to violence.

notsc4ra
i'm not wasting my
time beating her up

she doesn't deserve
to even my in my
presence.

itsjustxi40
why'd you take
y/n and run for it?

notsc4ra
i need to go to
her house.

itsjustxi40
you could just come
to mine.

notsc4ra
no... it's for something.

itsjustxi40
kuni.

what are you planning
to do now?

notsc4ra
she fell asleep on
my shoulder.

itsjustxi40
you're avoiding the
question.

notsc4ra
fine... i'll tell you.