22.

total words 953

the wind gently blew against my face as i leaned on the balcony railing

we had just checked into the hotel, and while scaramouche was unpacking, i admired the view.

liyuen wind flowed through my hair, filtering out the bad thoughts from my mind, leaving me with a serene atmosphere to bathe in.

my eyes explored the sights of the nation that i was standing in.

the bustling city of liyue below me, and the ocean drifting onwards.

the port was full of boats, and i saw many many many tourists like me wandering around the harbour.

the air smelled of the salty sea displayed in front of me, and slowly the sun in the horizon started to sink.

one by one, lights of the harbour turned on, illuminating the entirety of liyue.

just then,
silence.

the entirety of liyue harbour fell silent. and that's when i heard a loud whistle.

then, i saw a streak of light shoot into the sky.

it exploded into various different colours, now brightening up the dark sky.

i must've been so absorbed by the view that i didn't notice scaramouche beside me, also taking in the beautiful sights.

"it's so pretty, isn't it? but it still doesn't match your beauty." he stated, joining my side as we both watched the fireworks rise and spill with colours in the sky.

a tear started to form in my eye.

he glanced at me, "you okay? you've been unusually quiet. it's not like you."

i wanted to say something, but no words came out of my mouth.

all i could do at this moment was stare at the firework show.

"fiiine. ignore me then, moron. i love you too, i guess." he scoffed jokingly, watching the fireworks, unimpressed.

hehe, you have no idea what you're about to start, my dear..,

"i love you more." i smirked, finally able to get something out. his head snapped towards me.

"oh? you want to play this game? okay. well you asked for this," he smiled.

we both played this game where we contest each other in saying i love you more.

it was a very fun game, disregarding it's simplicity.

you can be creative in order to prove higher adoration for the other.

we made up the game on the train, and decided it was a good idea to play in moments when we wanted to bond more.