25.

total words 1025

today felt a little different

i could tell he was upset, but i'll still try to make him happy nevertheless.

dragging him along the hotel lobby, we approached the outside.

today was a bright day, and the sun's warmth enveloped us.

today was the day we were going to participate in some of the events of lantern rite, for example, the gliding game i heard of.

i was nervous, that's for sure — but since i was with scaramouche i was confident i'd be alright.

i've always seen "gliding crash compilations" online and it scared me so much.

kuni beside me groaned, "do you hear that?"

i heard loud shouting and laughing, "the others have arrived. they're so loud." he noticed.

"stop being such a moody moron." i rolled my eyes, waiting for the others to catch up to us.

by the others, i was referring to venti, hu tao, kazuha and childe.

the rest had gone sight-seeing and to buy some souvenirs. they weren't going to participate in the games.

"are we ready to go?" kazuha questioned, and everyone agreed.

we all took our time to memorise the layout of the harbour, venti occasionally glancing at a map she took from the hotel's reception counter.

"ai ai ai... i told you already venti, you don't need a map. just follow yours truly and you'll get there in no time." hu tao said, her firey and joyous attitude eventually affected us all,

except scaramouche. which i understand.

"where are we going again?" he sighed, massaging my entwined hand with his thumb.

"i thought we were going to the boat race?" asked kazuha. he suddenly got crowded by a few girls who appeared to be from liyue.

"heyyy!! what's your name, cutie?" one girl said, smirking.

another one pushed her out of the way, "don't listen to her. she has a little crush on you. mmm. can i invite you for a drink?"

they were a group of teens, just like us, except they seemed to be lovestruck by kazuha.

venti simply took his hand and dragged him away. poor kazuha looked traumatised.

"uhmm... what was that about?" childe asked, looking back at the group of girls who watched him walk away.

"seems some girls may have fallen for kazuha" venti giggled, nudging him, "how'd you feel?"

"honoured. but also a little confused"