Court

2 days later*

I wake up feeling good since it's Saturday and we don't have school. But I then remember that court is today. I sit up and hold my head in my hands and sigh.

"My love, don't stress yourself out. You have to think for the best and be strong." Jenna says, rubbing my back.

"I know, it's so hard though. I keep overthinking and wondering what it would really be like if we go back to her. Like will I even ever see you again?" I say as a tear began to run down my cheek.

"Listen, if things do turn out that way I will see you again. I will fight till the day I die to see you Y/n." She says.

We finish the conversation and we go downstairs to get some breakfast, then we come upstairs again to get ready. 

I have black dress pants on and a white long sleeve blouse on since I refuse to wear a dress. Jenna has a black dress on, not too fancy. We go down stairs and Natalie is wearing a black dress too, a little more formal than Jenna's. 

I go to Kalebs room and knock on the door. "Come in" he said. He has a white dress shirt on with black jeans on and a belt. I adjust his shirt and fix his hair.

"Don't be worried, you have to be strong." I say.

"I know, we have to fight." He said. I nodded my head.

We go down stairs and we get in the car along with Natalie and Jenna. Kaleb, Jenna, and I all sit in the back together. I sat in between the two of them.

I hold their hands, Kaleb holds my hand firm and Jenna holds mine soft, like always.

We arrive at the court, when we get inside we meet up with our lawyer, his name is Alex Fernando. I look back to see Mom, Taylor, and their lawyer. They are all talking to the judge. I found this very strange.

Kaleb, Natalie, and I met with Alex yesterday to discuss our plan and strong points to bring up in court.

We get entered into the court. The four of us sit down on the wooden bench in the front right side, Mom and Taylor sit on the bench to the left of us.

A/n: I'm not really going into detail because I'm not really sure how court goes and stuff.

Alex goes into a word battle with Mom's lawyer. Things seem to be going okay so far. Everything took a turn for the worst when the other lawyer started bringing up false things.

"Are you fucking kidding me." I say in shock of what's coming out of this guys mouth. 

Alex turns around and silences me. I listened to him. I honestly have no hope at this point. A tear runs down my face as I begin to realize that the Judge is going to rule in Mom's favor.

Jenna turns to me and wipes the tear off my face. She smiles painfully as she realizes too. 

They call a 20 minute break for the Judge to decide. As soon as we get out I land in Jenna's soft arms.

"We're going to lose. I don't know what I'm going to do without you." I cry.

"You're not losing me whether you like it or not." Jenna says as she pulls away and cups my face in her hands. She pecks me on the lips.

I give Kaleb a hug, at this point he's crying too. We talk with Alex. "We don't know anything yet. It does seem to be going in your mothers favor but you never know what the results will be." He says. 

We get called into the court room again. My heart is beating out of chest, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody could hear it too. 

It's time for the Judge to speak. "We find that Y/n and Kaleb l/n are fit to live under their mother, Shannon l/n's care."

"No, no, no, no." I begin to sob. "Please don't do this to me!" I sobbed.

The guard pulls me out of the room. I collapse onto the cold floor. It feels like a nightmare. Everything feels fuzzy. I can hear but it sounds muffled. I feel a familiar set of arms hold me.

"Y/n.... Y/n.... Y/n!" The voice says as I finally snap out of it. My eyes are wide open as I'm still in shock.

"It's only me my love." She says running her fingers through my hair. The guard pulls Kaleb and I away from Natalie and Jenna. 

"JENNA! JENNA HELP ME!" I scream but there's also a guard holding them back too. We get put into Mom's car. Kaleb sobs and I pull him into a hug.

I see mom outside of the car talking to her dumb ass lawyer. They hug and Her and Taylor both enter the car.

"I hate you Shannon." I grit my teeth. My arms are crossed as I watch the trees fly by. I notice that we're not going the way we would go to go home.

"We've moved to Nevada by the way." She says with an attitude. 

My eyebrows furrow as I hold in my cry. I can't even see because my eyes are filled with tears. 

We get 'Home' and she shows us where our rooms are and everything else. I head for my new 'room' but mother pulls my arm back.

"You have no phone, no laptop, no nothing. All of your contact with Jenna and her family is cut. I filed a restraining order on the Ortega family, you and Kaleb will never see them again." She smirks. 

I run to my room and cry into my pillow. So this is really it huh?

Authors note*

This is it everybody, the last chapter. Thank you to everybody who has supported this book. I love you all so much. The first chapter for the sequel is being made right after I finish writing this :)