Chapter One

FIVE YEARS LATER

SALONA

"His dick is so small." Wally chuckles to himself as he watches a young man walk past his room.

"How do you know what size his dick is?" I question grabbing a glass of water that's next to his bed.

"Because I saw his dick print." Wally grins, causing Lupe to groan.

"Your so nasty." She flips through a magazine.

"I'm a boy with needs. I can't help looking at dick when I see one. It's been so long since I've had sex and I miss it." He sighs leaning back in his bed, a nurse walks into the room placing a small tray of food on a small table by the bed.

"Remember to eat all your food Wally." The nurse gives him a pointed look.

"I will Helen." He rolls his eyes.

The nurse smiles at me and Lupe before exiting the room.

"So why are you in here today? I thought your therapy session was yesterday?" Wally asks, reaching for the sandwich on his tray.

I shrug, "I thought so too, but Doctor Vascmy called me in this morning, which was odd."

"And instead of waiting in the waiting room for him, she wanted to come here to see you." Lupe says, leaning back in her chair never taking her eyes off her magazine.

"What you think it's about? You think it grew?" Wally questions.

I sigh, "I don't know Wally. Hopefully not, but it's a chance that it might've, we've always known it was a possibility." I turn my head to Lupe seeing her advert her eyes away from me as she gulps.

"We'll I hope not. I don't want you to join the stage 3 club with me." He chuckles before taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"Wally—"

He waves me off, "No Salona. I already know what your going to say, so don't."

I give up and decide to text my parents back letting them know that I'm still waiting for the doctor.

Growing up I hated being in hospitals, seeing sick people, eating nasty cafeteria food, seeing heartbroken families. But the hospital has been my secondary home for the past five years so I've grown accustomed to it.

"How'd I know I'd find you in Wally's room. You two been attached by the hip all year." Doctor Vacsmy says, standing in the doorway with a clipboard in his hand.

"Hey Doctor V!" Wally smiles while continuing to devour his sandwich.

"Hey Wally." Doctor V returns with a smile.

"You ready Salona? I have a room set up for you."

I stand up, "Yeah... can Lupe come?" I look over at my sister.

"Yes she can come." He says before turning around and walking prompting us to follow.

Before I can reach the door Wally clutches my hand, "See if you can sneak me some chocolate chip cookies from the cafeteria."

Lupe swats his hand away before pulling me out the door.

We reach the room that Doctor V has set up for me and I take a seat on the patient bed while Lupe sits in the chair across from me.

Doctor V shuts the door and looks over at me setting his clipboard on a desk. "Salona, thank you for coming in. Will your parents be joining as well?"

"They couldn't book a flight last minute so it's just me and Lupe." I say scooting back on the bed.