Chapter Fifteen

SOLANA

"What is All Star Weekend?" I ask Gwen into the phone while I sprinkle the shredded cheese onto the macaroni.

I was preparing dinner before Lupe came home from work when Gwen randomly called to invite me and Lupe to NBA All Star Weekend.

"It's a weekend festival in the middle of the NBA season where special basketball events and performances happen and of course the All Star Game." Gwen answers.

I place the macaroni dish in the oven before asking, "And why are you inviting me to this? I could care less about all star weekend."

"Because it'll be fun, it's being hosted in Miami this year and if you don't want to go to the basketball events at least come to the clubs."

Sighing I respond, "Just me, you and Lupe?"

"Not exactly.." she stresses, "Dario was selected to be an all star again this year so he'll be there and will be playing in the all star game. Elena obviously will be there because Dario, and Benji will be there as well."

Of course . "I don't know... I don't want to spoil you guys trip with my presence."

"Are you serious? Me and you are friends again and I'm sure the others won't mind. We'll all be there to have a good time just like the old days." I can practically hear the excitement in Gwen's voice.

"I don't know Gwen—"

"Pleeeeaaaaasssseeee." She begs.

"Just the weekend?" I question.

"It starts on Friday and ends on Sunday." She replies.

"Okay I guess." I say.

"Yes! I promise you'll have a good time. All star weekend is the best." She says.

I have a feeling I'm going to end up regretting coming on this trip.

Lupe came home late from work today and was too tired to eat the dinner I cooked so I put it in the fridge for later.

Just as I was about to shut off my lamp light, my phone ringed.

I looked on my dresser and saw Bishop's name flash across my screen.

"Hello?" I say, once answering the phone.

"Did I wake you?"

I yawn. "No, I wasn't sleep. Just about though."

"Oh okay, well don't let me keep you up. Pretty woman need their sleep."

I sarcastically rolled my eyes. "Why you calling me so late?"

"No reason. Just wanted to talk to you."

I chuckle, "Today at work wasn't enough?"

"Mmm.. no. But I will get off the phone though so you can get some sleep."

Just randomly, a thought came across my mind. "Bishop wait don't hang up."

I sit up in bed, "Have any plans for the weekend?"

OMNISCIENT POV

Solana, Bishop, and Lupe waited outside Lupe and Solana's apartment for their ride to the private airport.