Chapter Seven

OMNISCIENT POV

The wind was blowing; the sun was out. The weather not too cold or hot made the day perfect for the two ladies.

Gwen and Elena were out for lunch at a small cafe not too far from town. Elena suggested the small unknown cafe to avoid running into paparazzi. The disadvantage that came with becoming the girlfriend of a popular NBA basketball player was the annoying paparazzi that followed her everywhere.

"Does he have to watch us eat?" Gwen asks, looking over at the brooding bodyguard that escorted the girls to the cafe.

Elena looks over at her bodyguard and tells him to return to the car so Gwen can be comfortable. If it was up to Elena, she would have no bodyguard, but Dario wouldn't allow Elena to be out by herself without protection, especially since their are a lot of crazy people in the world.

"Thank you." Gwen smiles at her before picking up her fork and eating her salad.

"So are you going to tell me what was so urgent that you couldn't tell me over the phone?" Elena asks, sipping her glass of water.

Gwen looks at her friend and slows her chewing. Earlier this morning Gwen called Elena needing to tell her something important that she felt needed to be said in person.

Gwen swallows before replying, "Right." She takes a deep breath saying, "Solana is back in town."

The fork in Elena's hand drops onto her plate, making a clattering noise. A few customers in the cafe look over at their table from the noise.

"What do you mean she's back? You saw her?" Disbelief is in Elena's tone.

Gwen shakes her head, "No, Benji did. Apparently she was at his restaurant yesterday with her family."

Elena nods her head, picking back up her fork and returning to her meal. She clears her throat, "Did he say if she's moving back here?"

"I don't think she is. He said that she's in town for her dad's birthday." Gwen replies.

Happiness spreads across Elena's face, "Oh, so she's just visiting?"

"Yeah."

Elena smiles at the thought.

"But her dad is having a birthday dinner tonight and he invited Benji and told him to bring his friends. Meaning us." Gwen says, causing Elena tk furrow her eyebrows.

"What? Why would we go?" Elena shakes her head.

"Maybe because Solana wants to see us. I wouldn't mind." Gwen shrugs. Gwen missed Solana over the years and wondered how her friend had been. Sure, it sucked that she abruptly left without saying goodbye, but Gwen quickly got over it. She didn't hold a grudge and only wished for the best for her friend.

"I'm not going." Elena firmly says.

"Elena—"

"No Gwen I'm not going. She doesn't get to show up after five years and pretend nothing has happened or what she did wasn't fucked up. And what? Now we're supposed to come at her backing call?" Unlike Gwen, Elena still holds hate in her heart for Solana leaving and not saying anything to her. Elena and Solana weren't just best friends; they were like sisters. They told each other everything and always were there for each other. So for Solana to leave and not say anything to her really hurts Elena.

Gwen sighs, "I know your still upset with her but maybe seeing her will help mend that friendship. I'm sure she had a good reason for why she disappeared all these years. If you go to the dinner, you might get the answer as to why she left."